Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Q-Verizon M8 from a canceled account.....

OP cjegan2008

16th August 2014, 12:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Urbana, IL
Thanks Meter: 2

87 posts
More
I have a question, but I need to give some info on my situation first. I used to have a HTC One M8 from T-Mobile, and because my Wife lives in sonoita Az, the only decent carrier that works out there is Verizon. So I switched from T-Mobile to Verizon. My experience with Verizon in the short amount of time that I've had with them, is not very good to say the least. So let's say I switched back to T-Mobile, but didn't return my Verizon M8 or my Note 3, could I still use it on T-Mobile since its unlocked, or would they flag my IMEI number like they do with ESN numbers and so that I cannot use the phone anywhere, or what ? Please let me know what you think....
16th August 2014, 02:25 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 74

277 posts
Last I heard even if they blacklist your imei on Verizon it'll still work if it's a 4g phone. That being said Verizon blacklisting your phone from them should have no affect on whether it works on T-Mobile.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
16th August 2014, 03:00 AM   |  #3  
Flag Spokane WA
Thanks Meter: 50

563 posts
More
As long as it's not blacklisted for lost or stolen it will work on tmobile
16th August 2014, 03:08 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Urbana, IL
Thanks Meter: 2

87 posts
More
No, it's not blacklisted as lost or stolen. I just don't want Verizon service anymore. They do not have unlimited data for LTE for sale anymore that's why I'm going back to T-Mobile. T-Mobile may not have the best coverage, but I like their plans and their customer service a whole lot better thanks Verizon's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl00dRunzC0ld

As long as it's not blacklisted for lost or stolen it will work on tmobile

16th August 2014, 03:16 AM   |  #5  
Flag Spokane WA
Thanks Meter: 50

563 posts
More
You can Google tmobile imei check and run the imei and it will tell you if it can be used on their network.
16th August 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #6  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 39

549 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjegan2008

No, it's not blacklisted as lost or stolen. I just don't want Verizon service anymore. They do not have unlimited data for LTE for sale anymore that's why I'm going back to T-Mobile. T-Mobile may not have the best coverage, but I like their plans and their customer service a whole lot better thanks Verizon's.

If it comes back blacklisted, you can still get the imei repaired which is legal because your bringing it back to the original carrier, but they just past legislation making carrier unlocking your phone perfectly legal. Many larger phone repair places can do imei repair, there are some on ebay that do it also, some can even do it remotely for you over the net through the teamviewer software.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread