5,815,061 Members 37,104 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Q-Verizon M8 from a canceled account.....

Tip us?

cjegan2008
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Q-Verizon M8 from a canceled account.....

I have a question, but I need to give some info on my situation first. I used to have a HTC One M8 from T-Mobile, and because my Wife lives in sonoita Az, the only decent carrier that works out there is Verizon. So I switched from T-Mobile to Verizon. My experience with Verizon in the short amount of time that I've had with them, is not very good to say the least. So let's say I switched back to T-Mobile, but didn't return my Verizon M8 or my Note 3, could I still use it on T-Mobile since its unlocked, or would they flag my IMEI number like they do with ESN numbers and so that I cannot use the phone anywhere, or what ? Please let me know what you think....

Slacker101
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Last I heard even if they blacklist your imei on Verizon it'll still work if it's a 4g phone. That being said Verizon blacklisting your phone from them should have no affect on whether it works on T-Mobile.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
If I helped, thank me by hitting the button please

Bl00dRunzC0ld
Old
Thanks Meter 50
As long as it's not blacklisted for lost or stolen it will work on tmobile

cjegan2008
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
No, it's not blacklisted as lost or stolen. I just don't want Verizon service anymore. They do not have unlimited data for LTE for sale anymore that's why I'm going back to T-Mobile. T-Mobile may not have the best coverage, but I like their plans and their customer service a whole lot better thanks Verizon's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl00dRunzC0ld View Post
As long as it's not blacklisted for lost or stolen it will work on tmobile

Bl00dRunzC0ld
Old
Thanks Meter 50
You can Google tmobile imei check and run the imei and it will tell you if it can be used on their network.

Roefastford
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjegan2008 View Post
No, it's not blacklisted as lost or stolen. I just don't want Verizon service anymore. They do not have unlimited data for LTE for sale anymore that's why I'm going back to T-Mobile. T-Mobile may not have the best coverage, but I like their plans and their customer service a whole lot better thanks Verizon's.
If it comes back blacklisted, you can still get the imei repaired which is legal because your bringing it back to the original carrier, but they just past legislation making carrier unlocking your phone perfectly legal. Many larger phone repair places can do imei repair, there are some on ebay that do it also, some can even do it remotely for you over the net through the teamviewer software.