FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Not receiving texts from when phone was dead?

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By michaeltj10, Junior Member on 24th May 2016, 05:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey, so about two weeks ago I had to get my M8 repaired. The battery was essentially shot, and the micro usb port was messed up. Could rarely get the phone to charge when it was plugged in, and it'd often drain more power than it was taking in.

Anyway, I picked up the phone yesterday and it crashed once I started to try using it. I figured it was just an issue with the rom (forget what I had on it), and decided to mess with it when I got home that night. So I get home and start trying to get the phone to work. It would always get stuck at the white "HTC One" screen. I'd reboot to recovery, wipe it, and restore from a previous backup, but it'd keep happening. I tried various backups and nothing would get past that white screen until I finally tried my original backup of the stock OS. That finally got me through and the phone is functional now. But when I booted it up, no messages came through.

My phone was off for two weeks, and I know people sent me texts during that time, but they're not showing up. I thought maybe the techs had received the texts, but when I opened messenger there weren't any recent texts, just ones from before I got my phone repaired.

Any idea why these texts aren't coming through, and how to get them? I'd like to know if anything important was sent during the past two weeks.

24th May 2016, 05:33 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
Wait, I think I'm just an idiot. The texts would have came through while they were testing the phone, so they wouldn't pop up as notifications when I first got it back. Then it crashed and got stuck in a bootloop, so I wiped and restored from a previous backup. Since I wasn't able to do any backups before the wipe, that would have wiped the texts I received.

Damn, that sucks. Is there anyway I could get them back?
24th May 2016, 09:11 PM |#3  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate NY
Thanks Meter: 12,933

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltj10

Wait, I think I'm just an idiot. The texts would have came through while they were testing the phone, so they wouldn't pop up as notifications when I first got it back. Then it crashed and got stuck in a bootloop, so I wiped and restored from a previous backup. Since I wasn't able to do any backups before the wipe, that would have wiped the texts I received.

Damn, that sucks. Is there anyway I could get them back?

unfortunately not, been here before.

I try n back up my sms once a week or so. just incase.
theres a nice app that will backup from pretty much any messaging app that has worked well for me jumping from google messaging on GPE ROM to HTC Sense
The Following User Says Thank You to andybones For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2016, 09:29 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybones

unfortunately not, been here before.

I try n back up my sms once a week or so. just incase.
theres a nice app that will backup from pretty much any messaging app that has worked well for me jumping from google messaging on GPE ROM to HTC Sense

Well, I expected as much. Thanks anyway though.

What's the app you use to backup sms? Do you just have Titanium Backup scheduled to do it regularly?
24th May 2016, 09:40 PM |#5  
Flag Upstate NY

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Well, I expected as much. Thanks anyway though.

What's the app you use to backup sms? Do you just have Titanium Backup scheduled to do it regularly?

I'm actually one of few who don't use TB.

however the app i use is:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pRestore&hl=en
The Following User Says Thank You to andybones For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2016, 10:56 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybones

I'm actually one of few who don't use TB.

however the app i use is:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pRestore&hl=en

Ah, I'm definitely going to install that. Thanks!
24th May 2016, 11:08 PM |#7  
Flag Upstate NY

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ah, I'm definitely going to install that. Thanks!

Very welcome, my friend!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)