Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Ringtone plays when phone is connected to charger port

OP sarvanan84

21st August 2014, 05:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
More
When i connect my phone to a charging port or while disconnecting from the charging port i am getting ringtone played so pls help me out in getting rid of it.
24th August 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #2  
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 145

505 posts
More
Happening to me as well. No good way to make it stop. Just luck. Have you figured anything out?
24th August 2014, 11:16 AM   |  #3  
Washington D.C.
Thanks Meter: 35

134 posts
More
That's reassuring, it's not just me. It began a few days ago shortly after installing a new xposed module, minminguard. Probably a red herring though. I'm about to clean install viper 1.8 which I have been running without issue for something like a month until now.
24th August 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #4  
Flag Indianapolis

505 posts
More
I'm worried it's s hardware issue. I've restored, wiped, flashed.. All of it. Still happening. There was a guy in my G+ community who had this problem. Had to have it replaced or repaired. I can't remember which.
25th August 2014, 01:39 PM   |  #5  
Washington D.C.

134 posts
More
SOLUTION!?!
FYI folks, as I mentioned this seemed to start for me around the time I installed a new exposed module. However, I noticed that the GravityBox (KK) module was just updated on the 19th and again on the 20th with the following improvement (for the 20th version):

- Fixed battery/charging events sounds playing even if no sounds are set
--- known to happen on Samsung and other "unsupported" devices

In retrospect, I probably saw that I had updates available as I was installing my new module (which is why it seemed to show up at the same time) and updated to the problematic version. With 2 minutes of testing updating GravityBox (KK) seems to have solved the issue but I'll keep an eye out for a day or two.
The Following User Says Thank You to cntryby429 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2014, 02:41 PM   |  #6  
Flag Indianapolis

505 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntryby429

SOLUTION!?!
FYI folks, as I mentioned this seemed to start for me around the time I installed a new exposed module. However, I noticed that the GravityBox (KK) module was just updated on the 19th and again on the 20th with the following improvement (for the 20th version):

- Fixed battery/charging events sounds playing even if no sounds are set
--- known to happen on Samsung and other "unsupported" devices

In retrospect, I probably saw that I had updates available as I was installing my new module (which is why it seemed to show up at the same time) and updated to the problematic version. With 2 minutes of testing updating GravityBox (KK) seems to have solved the issue but I'll keep an eye out for a day or two.

I have to thank you for posting this. I was about to contact HTC today. Thank you.

I plugged it in while looking at the update and as usual, it began to ring, like always. It never fails. After the update and reboot, not once. I feel confident this is indeed the cause and fix.

Edit: it irritates me I didn't catch this. By now, I know to check Xposed before jumping to conclusions.
Last edited by Crooke356; 25th August 2014 at 02:44 PM.
25th August 2014, 03:54 PM   |  #7  
Washington D.C.

134 posts
More
You're welcome. I'm happy feeling like I've finally contributed to this community even if it helped just 1 person. BTW, Your mention of the word "hardware" the other day raised my blood pressure a little.
25th August 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #8  
Flag Indianapolis

505 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntryby429

You're welcome. I'm happy feeling like I've finally contributed to this community even if it helped just 1 person. BTW, Your mention of the word "hardware" the other day raised my blood pressure a little.

Lol, I've no doubt. I think I jumped to that conclusion so quickly because of the guy that I had been taking to on my G+ community. He described the same problem. After he went through the proper steps, his was found to be hardware. Instead of doing the same, I assumed. Wrong thing to do. I shouldn't have restored so quickly. One thing at a time. I know better lol.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread