[Q] Do I NEED RUU to revert VZW M8 to stock?

OP boringhandle123

28th July 2014, 12:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hello, I've been using the site for years for guides to root and flash devices, but this M8 is my first VZW device. I'm getting all my ducks in a row before I mod it, but hit a snag researching reverting to stock if the need arises. When I had other devices, reverting to stock was mostly just flashing my nandroid backup. This VZW device is the first I've heard of RUU. I read this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2727831 thoroughly and several others and could not find a solid answer. I would have posted in the thread, but I am a posting noob and am unable. If I have a nandroid backup of my stock ROM on Software number 1.55.605.2, do I still need to flash RUU to revert to stock? Thanks in advance for your answer, or "hey dumby, it's already on this thread." Either is appreciated.
Last edited by boringhandle123; 28th July 2014 at 12:57 AM.
28th July 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #2  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 953

2,896 posts
More
If you restore your nandroid, you're back to a stock system but still have the custom recovery and - if you messed with those - different radio/hboot.
The RUU gets you back one more step: a fully stock system/hboot/radio/recovery (although that RUU you linked to is rooted, but that's easily fixed).
That's my understanding of it, but I'm also relatively new to the M8 - so take it for what it's worth
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread