Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,502 Members 41,946 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Going Back to 100% Stock.

Tip us?
 
ericerk
Old
#1  
ericerk's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 852
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Going Back to 100% Stock.

Is there a way to do this? I've gone through forums, and haven't seen anything concrete.
Click Here!!!
 
S1L3nTShaDoWz
Old
#2  
S1L3nTShaDoWz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 42
Posts: 245
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericerk View Post
Is there a way to do this? I've gone through forums, and haven't seen anything concrete.
If you're S-OFF (if not you can gain it by using Sunshine you can do an RUU, that will take you back to about as stock as you can get e.g stock firmware, stock ROM, stock recovery stock etc.

This thread will tell you most of the things you'd need to do.

I highly advise against attempting to go S-ON or re-locking your bootloader as S-ON has a high probability of failure and or bricking your device.
My personal recommendation would be to just take the RUU and if if I remember correctly you can make your ***UNLOCKED*** tag falsely show ***LOCKED*** instead, not sure though so if that interests you just Google it or ask.

EDIT: Here is the link to the tutorial on setting your UNLOCKED tag to LOCKED. Warning though I have not tested this or heard of anyone testing it so DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Current devices
-----------------------------------------------------------------
VZW HTC One M8 w ViperROM 1.8.0, CheckM8 2.8GHz kernel & TWRP 2.7.1.0 (S-OFF & SuperCID)
Nexus 7 w Cyanogenmod 11
 
ericerk
Old
#3  
ericerk's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 852
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3nTShaDoWz View Post
If you're S-OFF you can do an RUU, that will take you back to about as stock as you can get e.g stock firmware, stock ROM, stock recovery stock etc.

This thread will tell you most of the things you'd need to do.

I highly advise against attempting to go S-ON or re-locking your bootloader as S-ON has a high probability of failure and or bricking your device.
My personal recommendation would be to just take the RUU and if if I remember correctly you can make your ***UNLOCKED*** tag falsely show ***LOCKED*** instead, not sure though so if that interests you just Google it or ask.

EDIT: Here is the link to the tutorial on setting your UNLOCKED tag to LOCKED. Warning though I have not tested this or heard of anyone testing it so DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
I need to to return this device to Verizon.
Click Here!!!
 
S1L3nTShaDoWz
Old
#4  
S1L3nTShaDoWz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 42
Posts: 245
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericerk View Post
I need to to return this device to Verizon.
As far as I know they do not care if your phone is S-OFF or unlocked, only that it is running the stock firmware, ROM & recovery. Reason behind this is some of their phones are manufactured and shipped already S-OFF on 'accident', so as long as you do the RUU you should be perfectly fine, at least that is what everyone has said thus far.
Current devices
-----------------------------------------------------------------
VZW HTC One M8 w ViperROM 1.8.0, CheckM8 2.8GHz kernel & TWRP 2.7.1.0 (S-OFF & SuperCID)
Nexus 7 w Cyanogenmod 11
 
ericerk
Old
#5  
ericerk's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 852
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3nTShaDoWz View Post
As far as I know they do not care if your phone is S-OFF or unlocked, only that it is running the stock firmware, ROM & recovery. Reason behind this is some of their phones are manufactured and shipped already S-OFF on 'accident'. So as long as you do the RUU you should be perfectly fine, at least that is what everyone has said thus far.
Are you willing to risk $800 bucks on this?
Click Here!!!
 
S1L3nTShaDoWz
Old
#6  
S1L3nTShaDoWz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 42
Posts: 245
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericerk View Post
Are you willing to risk $800 bucks on this?
Your risk not mine, if you're unsure then read through some other threads until you feel confident enough or wait for another person to answer.

& Sorry if I made you a bit unconfident with my last post, I have never had to return another phone to them so all I'm offering you is what I know and or have read from others who have done what you want to do. I'm quite sure that will work as many other people have claimed it worked for them but as with anything I could be wrong which is why I did not include a "*100% GUARANTEED!*" sign. Just offering support, always do your own research too, just as I had done to find that out.
Current devices
-----------------------------------------------------------------
VZW HTC One M8 w ViperROM 1.8.0, CheckM8 2.8GHz kernel & TWRP 2.7.1.0 (S-OFF & SuperCID)
Nexus 7 w Cyanogenmod 11
 
ericerk
Old
#7  
ericerk's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 852
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3nTShaDoWz View Post
Your risk not mine, if you're unsure then read through some other threads until you feel confident enough or wait for another person to answer.

& Sorry if I made you a bit unconfident with my last post, I have never had to return another phone to them so all I'm offering you is what I know and or have read from others who have done what you want to do. I'm quite sure that will work as many other people have claimed it worked for them but as with anything I could be wrong which is why I did not include a "*100% GUARANTEED!*" sign. Just offering support, always do your own research too, just as I had done to find that out.
Bummer there's no official RUU's floating out there.
Click Here!!!
 
S1L3nTShaDoWz
Old
#8  
S1L3nTShaDoWz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 42
Posts: 245
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericerk View Post
Bummer there's no official RUU's floating out there.
I can vouch for the RUU I'm gonna link further in this post, I recently used it and successfully RUU'D my phone to stock.

http://www.droidviews.com/restore-ve...rom-with-ruu/2
Current devices
-----------------------------------------------------------------
VZW HTC One M8 w ViperROM 1.8.0, CheckM8 2.8GHz kernel & TWRP 2.7.1.0 (S-OFF & SuperCID)
Nexus 7 w Cyanogenmod 11
 
naturecannon
Old
#9  
naturecannon's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 369
Posts: 757
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Portland Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericerk View Post
Are you willing to risk $800 bucks on this?
YOU have already done that the moment you modded your phone lol
 
dottat
Old
#10  
dottat's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 996
Posts: 2,259
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: york, pa

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3nTShaDoWz View Post
I can vouch for the RUU I'm gonna link further in this post, I recently used it and successfully RUU'D my phone to stock.

http://www.droidviews.com/restore-ve...rom-with-ruu/2
That's my ruu they link to. Stay on xda and get less shady stuff 😈. Below is my thread on it..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2727831

Amazing what some sites will do...

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes