Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Question [Q] Stock Verizon M8 stuck in bootloop - help!

OP lauraj14

14th July 2014, 07:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello!

I purchased my HTC One M8 from Verizon about a month and a half ago. I love the phone, and it hasn't caused me any issues at all - until a few days ago. I went to pick up my phone and the screen was off; I couldn't turn the phone on.

After fidgeting with the power/up+down buttons, I got it to load the boot loader. I tried almost every option on the menu in there, and I seem to be stuck in a boot loop. When I try hooking up my phone to my PC, HTC Sync loads but says there is no device connected. My PC doesn't recognize the device, either. I've never tried to root the device or anything, so it's "Locked" with S-ON.

I am trying to figure out if I can get my photos off of the device before I send it into Verizon for a replacement. I (stupidly) thought that the photos were being automatically backed up on Google, and I never put my SD card into the phone.

Does anyone know if or how I can do this? I'm not a developer, but I'm pretty technical, so any step-by-step advice would help!

Thank you!
15th July 2014, 01:21 AM   |  #2  
Washington D.C.
Thanks Meter: 48

160 posts
More
You may be able to issue an "adb pull" of the data partition if you have adb setup on a computer. You should Google it and see if you can get adb up and running.
The Following User Says Thank You to cntryby429 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th July 2014, 05:59 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntryby429

You may be able to issue an "adb pull" of the data partition if you have adb setup on a computer. You should Google it and see if you can get adb up and running.

Thank you! I'll let you know if I can get in that way.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread