OP wtoj34

31st August 2014, 02:38 AM   |  #21  
Flag Sioux Falls
Thanks Meter: 170

842 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerstown

That's why it takes so long. How long did it take on the other twrp with compression? I don't use that feature is why mine dont take that long..

Time wise, not exactly sure but guessing I'd say pretty much the same. I will backup w/o compression one and see if I notice a difference with anything other then the time it takes.

HTC one m8 vzw
hit ThAnKs if I was helpful!!!

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

W/o compression it took 589seconds, just under 10min.. (TWRP-2.7.1.0) Going back to Buck-TWRP, going to try same backup W/o compression

HTC one m8 vzw

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

Ok, with Buck-TWRP no compression it was 475sec or 7.9minutes.. Alot faster yes. Also I remembered Jrummy told me his Rom Installer App will install recoveries which it does very nicely so no I dont flash them myself via fastboot. Ty Jared Rummler

HTC one m8 vzw
31st August 2014, 05:19 AM   |  #22  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Antonio, TX
Thanks Meter: 156

636 posts
More
I installed bucks recovery with flashify and it worked fine. Typically I'm against live installers like this hut I wanted to see what all the fuss was about and adb is kind of a pain. I don't know if I'll use it again because it is extraordinarily dangerous but just putting it out there that it worked.
31st August 2014, 01:44 PM   |  #23  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 1,256

2,721 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtoj34

I installed bucks recovery with flashify and it worked fine. Typically I'm against live installers like this hut I wanted to see what all the fuss was about and adb is kind of a pain. I don't know if I'll use it again because it is extraordinarily dangerous but just putting it out there that it worked.

Yes bucks recovery with flash fine using any method as he remapped the partitions himself to flash correctly...I still will never ever use anything but fastboot. Maybe just me but I feel much better doing that way.

---------- Post added at 07:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1droidmod

Time wise, not exactly sure but guessing I'd say pretty much the same. I will backup w/o compression one and see if I notice a difference with anything other then the time it takes.

HTC one m8 vzw

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

W/o compression it took 589seconds, just under 10min.. (TWRP-2.7.1.0) Going back to Buck-TWRP, going to try same backup W/o compression

HTC one m8 vzw

---------- Post added at 01:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

Ok, with Buck-TWRP no compression it was 475sec or 7.9minutes.. Alot faster yes. Also I remembered Jrummy told me his Rom Installer App will install recoveries which it does very nicely so no I dont flash them myself via fastboot. Ty Jared Rummler

HTC one m8 vzw

I can't believe it takes 475 an mine only takes 130 something always. I know your backup is a gig bigger then my sense backup but a extra 300+ seconds for 1 gig I wonder why? As you can see my write speed in my pic..did your write speed reflect the same speed as mjne? Just wondering.
31st August 2014, 02:36 PM   |  #24  
Flag Sioux Falls
Thanks Meter: 170

842 posts
More
No.. Speed was between 5-7mb not always the same.

HTC one m8 vzw
31st August 2014, 04:51 PM   |  #25  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 1,256

2,721 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1droidmod

No.. Speed was between 5-7mb not always the same.

HTC one m8 vzw

Well that's crazy mine is always in the 20-30mb range. Seems like a big difference for the same phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread