Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Can't unroot my phone to save my life.

OP quintonius92

10th August 2014, 02:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
So, I followed this guide and ended up with S-on, Locked Bootloader, and a fully functional phone. I then attempted to unroot using supersu's "full unroot" option, which worked for a temp un-root, but immediately re-rooted when rebooted. I then downloaded the Universal unroot app in hopes that it would work. I opened it, granted it SU, and let it do its thing. and I am STILL rooted. Does anyone have any ideas? I've tried manually deleting the su files in system/bin/su and system/xbin/su and system/app/superuser.apk. No luck. Please someone help me get this phone 100% unrooted. Is there any way that I can manually unroot and configure the stock kernel to NOT re-root on boot?
10th August 2014, 05:46 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag york, pa
Thanks Meter: 1,437

3,282 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by quintonius92

So, I followed this guide and ended up with S-on, Locked Bootloader, and a fully functional phone. I then attempted to unroot using supersu's "full unroot" option, which worked for a temp un-root, but immediately re-rooted when rebooted. I then downloaded the Universal unroot app in hopes that it would work. I opened it, granted it SU, and let it do its thing. and I am STILL rooted. Does anyone have any ideas? I've tried manually deleting the su files in system/bin/su and system/xbin/su and system/app/superuser.apk. No luck. Please someone help me get this phone 100% unrooted. Is there any way that I can manually unroot and configure the stock kernel to NOT re-root on boot?

Check out my reply in that thread.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread