Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Using verizon's m8 on t-mobile in the US and outside?

OP k.electron

31st August 2014, 05:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29

648 posts
hi,

I am going to be travelling to canada for 4 days (Toronto Ontario and surrounding areas). Instead of paying verizon some bull**** amount that they want for roaming, I am considering one of two options:

1. getting a prepaid card from fido after entering - will that work? can i just put it in my m8 and get it going or do i have to do some sort of unlocking? does the verizon m8 support all the bands for this to work?

2. getting a tmobile plan for a month because for $80 i can get 2 lines to have unlimited international texting and 1gb data (enough) and then just using that - does the m8 work out of the box with tmobile sims both here and in tmobile roaming mode outside the country?

has anyone tried the above with tmobile in toronto and how has that worked out for them?

thanks.
31st August 2014, 12:02 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 147

560 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.electron

hi,

I am going to be travelling to canada for 4 days (Toronto Ontario and surrounding areas). Instead of paying verizon some bull**** amount that they want for roaming, I am considering one of two options:

1. getting a prepaid card from fido after entering - will that work? can i just put it in my m8 and get it going or do i have to do some sort of unlocking? does the verizon m8 support all the bands for this to work?

2. getting a tmobile plan for a month because for $80 i can get 2 lines to have unlimited international texting and 1gb data (enough) and then just using that - does the m8 work out of the box with tmobile sims both here and in tmobile roaming mode outside the country?

has anyone tried the above with tmobile in toronto and how has that worked out for them?

thanks.

Option 1 should work. You'd just need the correct APN info. I am using my M8 in Afghanistan on Roshan prepaid with no problem. That is out of the box, no unlocking necessary.
Last edited by BladeRunner; 31st August 2014 at 12:06 PM. Reason: 'cause I'm a hoser
1st September 2014, 02:17 AM   |  #3  
Flag Richmond
Thanks Meter: 72

332 posts
More
Option one will work. The Verizon M8 is unlocked for carriers outside the U.S
1st September 2014, 05:53 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 4

201 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake.99x3

Option one will work. The Verizon M8 is unlocked for carriers outside the U.S

The Verizon M8 is also unlocked for carriers IN the US. Its just unlocked...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread