5,815,133 Members 38,798 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Weaksauce Supersu Binary Problem

Tip us?
 
guyinzona
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Aug 2014
Default [Q] Weaksauce Supersu Binary Problem

I have had my One for a couple of weeks and used the Weaksauce thread to gain root over the weekend. Getting and keeping root was/is not a problem but when I try to open and run SuperSu I am told that the binaries are out of date and need to be updated. I click OK and SuperSu works for a few seconds before reporting that the installation failed. Once again, this does not affect my root as SuperSu asks for root permission on programs like Titanium Backup and grants it. The problem is that I can't run SuperSu at all on its own.

I saw this same problem come up towards the end of the long Weaksauce thread but no solutions short of going the whole 10 yards with Firewater to unlock the bootloader. This is my first experience with a rooted phone so I am taking things slow for now and am wondering if anybody has found a solution for somebody with root access but a locked bootloader.
 
juancaperez2000
Old
#2  
juancaperez2000's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 142
Posts: 1,547
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hyattsville
Im in the same page than you, just thinking on take the OTA then run weakesauce or factory reset and re run weakesauce but not sure of this will help
 
S1L3nTShaDoWz
Old
(Last edited by S1L3nTShaDoWz; 20th August 2014 at 08:44 PM.)
#3  
S1L3nTShaDoWz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 42
Posts: 262
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyinzona View Post
I have had my One for a couple of weeks and used the Weaksauce thread to gain root over the weekend. Getting and keeping root was/is not a problem but when I try to open and run SuperSu I am told that the binaries are out of date and need to be updated. I click OK and SuperSu works for a few seconds before reporting that the installation failed. Once again, this does not affect my root as SuperSu asks for root permission on programs like Titanium Backup and grants it. The problem is that I can't run SuperSu at all on its own.

I saw this same problem come up towards the end of the long Weaksauce thread but no solutions short of going the whole 10 yards with Firewater to unlock the bootloader. This is my first experience with a rooted phone so I am taking things slow for now and am wondering if anybody has found a solution for somebody with root access but a locked bootloader.
If it bothers you then I believe your only option would be to use SunShine. SunShine will root and S-OFF your phone, it's very simple and only costs $25 and is a sure fire to work for the time being.

I know you mentioned you wanted to take things slow but there really is no risk in using SunShine to S-OFF & root your phone and if not being able to access SuperSU really bothers you then it's probably your best and only option (that I'm aware of). Just read up a bit and get educated on the process and risk and what you need to do and it will be very simple and you'll understand everything making it way less worrisome.
Also on the assumption you may be doing it like this because you do plan to use Firewater in the near future, if your phone is very new (few weeks to a month) then most likely Firewater is not going to work on it. It was recently patched on the newer firmwares and has a 50/50 chance to work, probably lower chance than that but thats just being ambitious.

If on the off chance you still don't want to try SunShine or anything involving S-OFF yet then my apologies for wasting your time. Happy learning!
Current devices
-----------------------------------------------------------------
VZW HTC One M8 w ViperROM 1.8.0, CheckM8 2.8GHz kernel & TWRP 2.7.1.0 (S-OFF & SuperCID)
Nexus 7 w Cyanogenmod 11
 
guyinzona
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by S1L3nTShaDoWz View Post
Also on the assumption you may be doing it like this because you do plan to use Firewater in the near future, if your phone is very new (few weeks to a month) then most likely Firewater is not going to work on it. It was recently patched on the newer firmwares and has a 50/50 chance to work, probably lower chance than that but thats just being ambitious.

If on the off chance you still don't want to try SunShine or anything involving S-OFF yet then my apologies for wasting your time. Happy learning!
Thanks for the reply. I had a feeling Firewater may not work anymore which is why I have just stopped at root for now. Probably for the same reason that SuperSu is not cooperating. Is there any problem with just leaving things as they are and not updating the binaries (unless I make the jump to with Sunshine)?
 
S1L3nTShaDoWz
Old
#5  
S1L3nTShaDoWz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 42
Posts: 262
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyinzona View Post
Thanks for the reply. I had a feeling Firewater may not work anymore which is why I have just stopped at root for now. Probably for the same reason that SuperSu is not cooperating. Is there any problem with just leaving things as they are and not updating the binaries (unless I make the jump to with Sunshine)?
Nope it's perfectly fine, as long as it works. Sunshine will update the binaries/etc whenever it roots your phone I think. At least thats what I believe happened with mine, not sure though as that was a few weeks ago.

LS;DR No problem with leaving things as they are.
Current devices
-----------------------------------------------------------------
VZW HTC One M8 w ViperROM 1.8.0, CheckM8 2.8GHz kernel & TWRP 2.7.1.0 (S-OFF & SuperCID)
Nexus 7 w Cyanogenmod 11
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes