[Root] WeakSauce 2 m7/m8/DNA/others upto and including 4.4.4

Search This thread

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
Notice for s-off/SunShine
SunShine 2.8.1 and up include WeakSauce2 , and no longer require you to use this APK. If you came here to get WS2 to use with SunShine, no need, as it will have it built in.

For Verizon devices only, run WS2, and it will get root. It will try and reroot each reboot.

WeakSauce 2.0: The Habanero's Revenge by @beaups and @jcase

Wanna donate for this effort? sent via paypal to doxsearch@gmail.com

This is a variant of Weaksauce that evades HTC's patches. We were saving it for 5.0, but HTC has patched in in 5.0.

It will work on most verizon HTC devices, HTC DNA, m7 m8 and others.

If SunShine won't work for you now, please wait for the 3.0 release, we are aiming for (but no promises) early january.

All those hating us about charging for SunShine (http://theroot.ninja), please ignore weaksauce 2, since we developed it too.

Install WeakSauce2, run, install supersu. WeakSauce2 will reroot each boot.

FAQ

Q: OMG YOU GUYS ROCK YOU ARE JUST ELITE BOSSES
A: Sir, we know and this isnt a question.

Q: I use ART And blah blah it doesn't work
A: Yeah ART hates my build setup

Q: The SU binaries are out of date and it wont let me update them
A: Yeah i know, ill fix that soon

Attachments

• WeakSauce2.apk
    1.5 MB · Views: 153,460
Last edited:

Kaoshin

Sep 9, 2010
Nice work jcase, I went head and bought the sunshine license this morning and went that route, thanks for all your work

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

loonatik78

Feb 20, 2011
In the form of a question....

What is OMG YOU GUYS ROCK YOU ARE JUST ELITE BOSSES?

Sorry..... too early in the morning and I couldn't resist.

xsteven77x

Jul 2, 2010
Pittsburgh
Awesome work!! Thank you very much!

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

I one of the unlucky ones (verizon) stuck on 4.4.4 with s-on so i had nothing to lose. Ran weaksauce2, let it reboot, ran sunshine, let it do it's thing, success - S-OFF

Reactions: Xx MOE

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
Awesome work!! Thank you very much!

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

I one of the unlucky ones (verizon) stuck on 4.4.4 with s-on so i had nothing to lose. Ran weaksauce2, let it reboot, ran sunshine, let it do it's thing, success - S-OFF
Second vzw user confirming right now too.

@jcase I missed the part about Santa in the faqs.

Last edited:

Evolutionmods

Feb 2, 2011
In front of the computer
i'm on vzw 4.4.4 and no dice for me says "at this time sunshine can not work on your phone, this is a known issue and we are working to address it.
looks like im waiting till after the 1st .
great development so far guys. cant wait for the future release :)

Freedom First

Dec 7, 2011
Western Washington
im incorperating WS2 into sunshine right now. I'm on generator power and internet is on/off, but it should be seamless once i get it up

BOOYEAH!!! It works like a charm!! :cool:

I just picked up another M8 a couple days ago, a warranty replacement device I found on Craigslist. It was 4.4.4 (and untampered with) when I got it. Thanks to all your hard work, it's now unlocked and S-off. Now, I can install CleanRom and get rid of all the bloat!

Oh, and I have NO qualms about giving you the $25 for your efforts! :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Notice for s-off/SunShine
    SunShine 2.8.1 and up include WeakSauce2 , and no longer require you to use this APK. If you came here to get WS2 to use with SunShine, no need, as it will have it built in.

For Verizon devices only, run WS2, and it will get root. It will try and reroot each reboot.

WeakSauce 2.0: The Habanero's Revenge by @beaups and @jcase

Wanna donate for this effort? sent via paypal to doxsearch@gmail.com

This is a variant of Weaksauce that evades HTC's patches. We were saving it for 5.0, but HTC has patched in in 5.0.

It will work on most verizon HTC devices, HTC DNA, m7 m8 and others.

If SunShine won't work for you now, please wait for the 3.0 release, we are aiming for (but no promises) early january.

All those hating us about charging for SunShine (http://theroot.ninja), please ignore weaksauce 2, since we developed it too.

Install WeakSauce2, run, install supersu. WeakSauce2 will reroot each boot.

FAQ

Q: OMG YOU GUYS ROCK YOU ARE JUST ELITE BOSSES
    A: Sir, we know and this isnt a question.

Q: I use ART And blah blah it doesn't work
    A: Yeah ART hates my build setup

Q: The SU binaries are out of date and it wont let me update them
    A: Yeah i know, ill fix that soon
    Nice work guys i figured youd get 4.4.4 cracked

Been cracked since before release
    im incorperating WS2 into sunshine right now. I'm on generator power and internet is on/off, but it should be seamless once i get it up
    Sunshine is the best early Christmas gift I've ever bought myself.. Thanks for the hard work, guys. This worked like a charm!
    So now that I have temp root and s-off, is there any way to make it permanent root?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

S-OFF = Security Off, which means your device is unlocked. This also means you are at a state of permanent root. Just about every custom ROM you find on XDA, even stock ones, usually include "root" into the ROM, however - If it doesn't, you can install SuperSU and as long as you have a custom recovery installed it should update your binaries no problem. You also have the option to flash the SuperSU .zip from here. If you prefer to stay on the stock ROM but want it rooted, you can also do the above. I suggest making a nandroid of the stock ROM before making any changes, but this is completely optional. :)