Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 47,505 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

VERIZON HTC One on 4.4.2 s-on/locked unlocked via HTCdev

Tip us?

gonzalezb
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Default VERIZON HTC One on 4.4.2 s-on/locked unlocked via HTCdev

Okay i thought i would share this with you so last night i flashed latest RUU then i s-on not thinking tried running exploit it said it worked them booted into bootloader and locked it then i realized crap it never s-off i was still s-on so i was stuck in a big pickle. So i call HTC they said a dev expert will call your around 12 AM your time. So i get the call and i answered what's your problem so i explained then he has me get a unlock token from my device and email it to him. He goes okay so your locked s-on right i said yes on Verizon he told me he felt bad and was gonna help me out. So he sends me a new firmware and tells me to flash it so i flashed it in RUU mode and it past verification and installed firmware he changed my cid to super cid and had me unlock the phone via HTC Dev now i will not say who he is as i promised i do not want him losing his job but thank you very much very great full. I then asked why you do it that way can't you just get my unlock code on VZW_001 cid he said not without raising to much suspicion. If your wondering why he changed my cid.

Please comment if you've experienced similar situations.

michaelbsheldon
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalezb View Post
Okay i thought i would share this with you so last night i flashed latest RUU then i s-on not thinking tried running exploit it said it worked them booted into bootloader and locked it then i realized crap it never s-off i was still s-on so i was stuck in a big pickle. So i call HTC they said a dev expert will call your around 12 AM your time. So i get the call and i answered what's your problem so i explained then he has me get a unlock token from my device and email it to him. He goes okay so your locked s-on right i said yes on Verizon he told me he felt bad and was gonna help me out. So he sends me a new firmware and tells me to flash it so i flashed it in RUU mode and it past verification and installed firmware he changed my cid to super cid and had me unlock the phone via HTC Dev now i will not say who he is as i promised i do not want him losing his job but thank you very much very great full. I then asked why you do it that way can't you just get my unlock code on VZW_001 cid he said not without raising to much suspicion. If your wondering why he changed my cid.

Please comment if you've experienced similar situations.
That was an amazing thing you just described. By any chance, would you mind
uploading that RUU they so kindly sent to a dropbox or other that is easy for you
so's we can fiddle with it? Thx..

[1up]
Old
(Last edited by [1up]; 20th August 2014 at 04:02 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
What version of sense are you talking about 5.5 or 6.0
You're saying someone from HTCdev site unlocked your Verizon phone? How did you install firmware on a s-on bootloader locked device. Do we have a working bootstrapper i am not aware of?

I know congress just did something making phone unlocking legal again. Maybe that's why he helped you out.

carngeX
Old
Thanks Meter 139

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by [1up] View Post

I know congress just did something making phone unlocking legal again. Maybe that's why he helped you out.
That's in reference to carrier unlocking, not bootloader unlocking.
Current Device:
HTC One M7
Unlocked | S-Off | ROM: NuSenseSIX 7.8

Previous Device(s):
Samsung GS3
Locked | ROM: Hellkat 4.4.2 (build 20140116) | Kernel: BMS 3.4.75
HTC Rezound
Locked | S-Off | ROM: Infection 2.9.1 | Kernel: Stock | Radio: 1.22.10.0421r/1.22.10.0424r | HBOOT: Stock 2.25
HTC Incredible (S-Off / unlocked)
The Following User Says Thank You to carngeX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gonzalezb
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
No I'm talking about bootloader not carrier I am now running cynaogenmod 11 and I was in sense 6 4.4.2 kitkat. They said the firmware was able to flash because he gave it HTC verification keys.

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app

gonzalezb
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
The RUU has since been deleted sorry I deleted it. As he instructed I do not want it leading back to him sorry he was a nice guy.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1408548263152.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (48.6 KB, 206 views)

DJ_MiX
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalezb View Post
The RUU has since been deleted sorry I deleted it. As he instructed I do not want it leading back to him sorry he was a nice guy.

why post this crap is you don't want the htc rep in trouble.. I smell BS
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DJ_MiX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ccarr313
Old
Thanks Meter 63

DONATE TO ME
This is the most worthless post ever.
VZW HTC One
1.57 HBoot/Radio 1.13.41.0421
Philz CWM 6
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ccarr313 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scotty1223
Old
Thanks Meter 2,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_MiX View Post
why post this crap is you don't want the htc rep in trouble.. I smell BS
what does he get out of making it up? i think its nice to hear something positive like this,for a change.
The Delivery Guy
If someone has helped you,please click the THANKS button on that post.
Please post questions so others can benefit from the answers(<-this means do not PM me questions)
donate to my device fund

jimbobtexas
Old
Thanks Meter 67

DONATE TO ME
Holy run-on sentence, Batman.
--- Verizon HTC One M7
--- LG G Watch
--- Nexus 7 2012

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimbobtexas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]