Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

VERIZON HTC One on 4.4.2 s-on/locked unlocked via HTCdev

OP gonzalezb

20th August 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bentonville
Thanks Meter: 70
 
119 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Okay i thought i would share this with you so last night i flashed latest RUU then i s-on not thinking tried running exploit it said it worked them booted into bootloader and locked it then i realized crap it never s-off i was still s-on so i was stuck in a big pickle. So i call HTC they said a dev expert will call your around 12 AM your time. So i get the call and i answered what's your problem so i explained then he has me get a unlock token from my device and email it to him. He goes okay so your locked s-on right i said yes on Verizon he told me he felt bad and was gonna help me out. So he sends me a new firmware and tells me to flash it so i flashed it in RUU mode and it past verification and installed firmware he changed my cid to super cid and had me unlock the phone via HTC Dev now i will not say who he is as i promised i do not want him losing his job but thank you very much very great full. I then asked why you do it that way can't you just get my unlock code on VZW_001 cid he said not without raising to much suspicion. If your wondering why he changed my cid.

Please comment if you've experienced similar situations.
20th August 2014, 04:45 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Anaheim, CA
Thanks Meter: 57
 
238 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalezb

Okay i thought i would share this with you so last night i flashed latest RUU then i s-on not thinking tried running exploit it said it worked them booted into bootloader and locked it then i realized crap it never s-off i was still s-on so i was stuck in a big pickle. So i call HTC they said a dev expert will call your around 12 AM your time. So i get the call and i answered what's your problem so i explained then he has me get a unlock token from my device and email it to him. He goes okay so your locked s-on right i said yes on Verizon he told me he felt bad and was gonna help me out. So he sends me a new firmware and tells me to flash it so i flashed it in RUU mode and it past verification and installed firmware he changed my cid to super cid and had me unlock the phone via HTC Dev now i will not say who he is as i promised i do not want him losing his job but thank you very much very great full. I then asked why you do it that way can't you just get my unlock code on VZW_001 cid he said not without raising to much suspicion. If your wondering why he changed my cid.

Please comment if you've experienced similar situations.

That was an amazing thing you just described. By any chance, would you mind
uploading that RUU they so kindly sent to a dropbox or other that is easy for you
so's we can fiddle with it? Thx..
20th August 2014, 04:58 AM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
What version of sense are you talking about 5.5 or 6.0
You're saying someone from HTCdev site unlocked your Verizon phone? How did you install firmware on a s-on bootloader locked device. Do we have a working bootstrapper i am not aware of?

I know congress just did something making phone unlocking legal again. Maybe that's why he helped you out.
Last edited by [1up]; 20th August 2014 at 05:02 AM.
20th August 2014, 04:01 PM   |  #4  
carngeX's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142
 
608 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [1up]


I know congress just did something making phone unlocking legal again. Maybe that's why he helped you out.

That's in reference to carrier unlocking, not bootloader unlocking.
The Following User Says Thank You to carngeX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bentonville
Thanks Meter: 70
 
119 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
No I'm talking about bootloader not carrier I am now running cynaogenmod 11 and I was in sense 6 4.4.2 kitkat. They said the firmware was able to flash because he gave it HTC verification keys.

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app
20th August 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bentonville
Thanks Meter: 70
 
119 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
The RUU has since been deleted sorry I deleted it. As he instructed I do not want it leading back to him sorry he was a nice guy.

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1408548263152.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (48.6 KB, 290 views)
20th August 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #7  
DJ_MiX's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 32
 
411 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalezb

The RUU has since been deleted sorry I deleted it. As he instructed I do not want it leading back to him sorry he was a nice guy.

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app

why post this crap is you don't want the htc rep in trouble.. I smell BS
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DJ_MiX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2014, 11:07 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag Elyria
Thanks Meter: 64
 
210 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
Donate to Me
More
This is the most worthless post ever.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ccarr313 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th September 2014, 01:01 AM   |  #9  
scotty1223's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,445
 
2,365 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_MiX

why post this crap is you don't want the htc rep in trouble.. I smell BS

what does he get out of making it up? i think its nice to hear something positive like this,for a change.
5th September 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #10  
jimbobtexas's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Carrollton
Thanks Meter: 71
 
551 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
More
Holy run-on sentence, Batman.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimbobtexas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes