(CM11) Unable to connect to mobile networks

OP nikalsaki

29th July 2014, 12:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Des Moines, IA
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
More
So I have a Verizon HTC One. I'm running CyanogenMod 11, milestone 7. Had a nightly from the 27th of April for a loooong time (since the 27th of April!) because the new partition naming or whatever required me to update my recovery and I was too lazy to do that.

Finally got around to updating the recovery and installing milestone 7 of CM11 today (I downloaded m7 when it came out for future use). Aaaaand now I can't connect to Verizon's mobile networks. I always had it set to 'global' when I had the 27th of April nightly because none of the other options (3G, LTE, 4G, etc) would work. And in m7, I'm noticing that 'global' isn't an option, and 'global' is the only option that worked. Or at least the only option that worked for me. I'm running the Sprint variant of TWRP 2.7.1.1 because I don't know much about CDMA vs GSM and stuff like that, but I'm fairly certain that all US carriers besides Verizon and Sprint are GSM and I figured I might want a recovery that supports the network I have. I also have the 2.7.1.1 for the standard m7 (figuring it's the one for the global model) downloaded and I tried it as well. The Sprint one gives me the option (in CM's Settings > Mobile Networks) to add/remove/edit APNs (though none are already added).

Anyone know a way I can be able to use Verizon's networks again WITHOUT reverting to the backup of the 27th of April nightly I have? The whole reason I updated to milestone 7 was to use the new theme chooser with an Android L theme I downloaded. If I have to, I will revert to the nandroid backup as I value functionality over style (the exact reason I chose an HTC One over an iPhone 5S when buying my phone) but I don't want to have to sacrifice the want of even moar customization for the need of actually being able to use my phone as a phone. If you have a solution that excludes having me go to the CyanogenMod website and download the multiple gigabyte .zip for CM11m7 for the m7vzw (I live in rural Iowa, so obviously, I have slow Internet speeds), I'd rather you post that. Downloading the multiple gigabyte file for CM11m7 for the m7vzw is a last resort, but it's still an option.

Thanks!
2nd August 2014, 01:39 AM   |  #2  
Flag Elyria
Thanks Meter: 64

210 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikalsaki

So I have a Verizon HTC One. I'm running CyanogenMod 11, milestone 7. Had a nightly from the 27th of April for a loooong time (since the 27th of April!) because the new partition naming or whatever required me to update my recovery and I was too lazy to do that.

Finally got around to updating the recovery and installing milestone 7 of CM11 today (I downloaded m7 when it came out for future use). Aaaaand now I can't connect to Verizon's mobile networks. I always had it set to 'global' when I had the 27th of April nightly because none of the other options (3G, LTE, 4G, etc) would work. And in m7, I'm noticing that 'global' isn't an option, and 'global' is the only option that worked. Or at least the only option that worked for me. I'm running the Sprint variant of TWRP 2.7.1.1 because I don't know much about CDMA vs GSM and stuff like that, but I'm fairly certain that all US carriers besides Verizon and Sprint are GSM and I figured I might want a recovery that supports the network I have. I also have the 2.7.1.1 for the standard m7 (figuring it's the one for the global model) downloaded and I tried it as well. The Sprint one gives me the option (in CM's Settings > Mobile Networks) to add/remove/edit APNs (though none are already added).

Anyone know a way I can be able to use Verizon's networks again WITHOUT reverting to the backup of the 27th of April nightly I have? The whole reason I updated to milestone 7 was to use the new theme chooser with an Android L theme I downloaded. If I have to, I will revert to the nandroid backup as I value functionality over style (the exact reason I chose an HTC One over an iPhone 5S when buying my phone) but I don't want to have to sacrifice the want of even moar customization for the need of actually being able to use my phone as a phone. If you have a solution that excludes having me go to the CyanogenMod website and download the multiple gigabyte .zip for CM11m7 for the m7vzw (I live in rural Iowa, so obviously, I have slow Internet speeds), I'd rather you post that. Downloading the multiple gigabyte file for CM11m7 for the m7vzw is a last resort, but it's still an option.

Thanks!

Here is a link to a recovery that will work properly with new CM builds - https://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_...Edition/m7vzw/

Get the newest version, flash it with fastboot, and reflash cm11.

Before you do that, make sure you have the newest firmware, here is a link to that -
http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358539478

Make sure you have the CM build zip on your phone, then flash that recovery in fastboot, then flash the firmware in RUU mode, then boot into recovery and install CM. You may as well jump to the M8 build also, and M9 should be out in a few days. TWRP has issues with the partition formats for CM, so if you do everything I just listed, it should work no prob. I'm currently on a nightly from last week(cm11)

PS - Make sure to "clean for new" rom in the recovery before you flash, it won't affect your storage. And you won't have to change any settings in the rom, everything should work directly after booting up.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cdma, gsm, m7vzw, sprint, verizon
Previous Thread Next Thread