ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Potential Default XML file tweaks?

OP bdizzle1686

30th August 2014, 01:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
217 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
So in System/Customize/Acc/Default XML ,I've already played around with enough stuff, but it seems there are 2 that peak my interest that I'd like to know if I'm right about if anybody else knows about… towards the bottom I see enable minor quick settings, set to false… am I right to assume that setting this to true enables the horizontal quick settings?
And towards the top I see enable harman set to false…. Is setting this to true just gonna display the harman kardon icons in settings?
Like I said, anybody who may knows about these, please lemme know… also, anybody know the torch quick settings tile number???
30th August 2014, 02:44 AM   |  #2  
Uzephi's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 464
 
1,400 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
Is this on stock Rom? I would say make a nandroid and try the changes one by one to see if they do anything. If something goofs up, you could always restore your backup

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app
30th August 2014, 02:59 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
217 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzephi

Is this on stock Rom? I would say make a nandroid and try the changes one by one to see if they do anything. If something goofs up, you could always restore your backup

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app

Yea stock rooted. Already made nandroid, already unlocked extreme power saver, regular power saver, music channel, quick settings tiles for all of those, boomsound, etc. Probably gonna try editing it more 2morrow. Still can't figure out which number is for the htc torch quick settings tile.. But I do have the actual htc torch installed so hopefully I'll find it eventually
30th August 2014, 03:07 PM   |  #4  
brymaster5000's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Hampshire
Thanks Meter: 1,596
 
1,914 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdizzle1686

Yea stock rooted. Already made nandroid, already unlocked extreme power saver, regular power saver, music channel, quick settings tiles for all of those, boomsound, etc. Probably gonna try editing it more 2morrow. Still can't figure out which number is for the htc torch quick settings tile.. But I do have the actual htc torch installed so hopefully I'll find it eventually

Exploring is the best way to learn. Like previously said, keep a nandroid or Rom handy in case something gets messed up. Some of these things may or may not work by changing it to true. There may be other additional files you need and possibly changes to SystemUI.apk, Prism.apk, framework-res.apk...to name a few. I'm sure you could hit up one of the Rom devs for tips.

Sent from my Lunar Ecliptic One.
The Following User Says Thank You to brymaster5000 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th August 2014, 04:13 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
217 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by brymaster5000

Exploring is the best way to learn. Like previously said, keep a nandroid or Rom handy in case something gets messed up. Some of these things may or may not work by changing it to true. There may be other additional files you need and possibly changes to SystemUI.apk, Prism.apk, framework-res.apk...to name a few. I'm sure you could hit up one of the Rom devs for tips.

Sent from my Lunar Ecliptic One.

Main reason I ask 1st if any1 knows is because nandroids have proven pretty unreliable for me. Last time I tried to restore 1 it failed and I had to start over from scratch
30th August 2014, 05:23 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
217 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Figured I'd post for everyones knowledge, changing false to true after the line that says support minor quick settings will enable the horizontal quick settings. I did it manually because for some reason when I enable sense 6 toolbox I get constant "unfortunatley com.android.phone has stopped" ,still haven't figured out what's causing that.. N still haven't tried out enabling the support harman line yet… not sure if it'll cause conflicts with the fact that I already have boomsound enabled as well…
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes