OP Uzephi

4th September 2014, 03:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 481

1,434 posts
Donate to Me
More
story goes: my wife has a habit of dropping her phone. Luckily, we got her One after HTC started their "advantage" program so the repair is only $19 out of pocket (expedited shipping costs).

Question: should I return it to full stock s-on for this service? Or would keeping her stock rooted Rom with faux hboot be sufficient. They shouldn't be doing more than replacing the cracked screen, so I see no issue with just sending it in as is.

How her device is right now: s-off unlocked, latest 4.4.2 firmware/radio/stock Rom. Has TWRP 2.7.1.1 rooted with Xposed and modules.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app
4th September 2014, 03:52 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Hampshire
Thanks Meter: 1,693

1,993 posts
Donate to Me
More
I don't think they'd do anything. It's not like the pink camera which they claimed could be software...but in the end replaced the screen. Not sure if they troubleshooted my phone or just did another factory reset on my phone...but nonetheless they tampered with the software while the end product was replacing the screen for pink camera.

But then again, maybe they needed to do a factory reset after installing the new screen...

Sent from my Lunar Ecliptic One.
The Following User Says Thank You to brymaster5000 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 04:29 AM   |  #3  
Flag Phoenix

1,434 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brymaster5000

I don't think they'd do anything. It's not like the pink camera which they claimed could be software...but in the end replaced the screen. Not sure if they troubleshooted my phone or just did another factory reset on my phone...but nonetheless they tampered with the software while the end product was replacing the screen for pink camera.

But then again, maybe they needed to do a factory reset after installing the new screen...

Sent from my Lunar Ecliptic One.

The LCD is molded to the glass? Cause if not, they would just be replacing the digitizer glass and not the LCD screen itself.

I am sure with this "free" replacement, they would be reducing overhead costs as much as possible. Hence why I assume they would keep the LCD if possible. When I fixed her LG spectrum screen, the digitizer itself was only $15 compared to the $75 LCD digitizer combo. With the digitizer, I know a factory reset isn't needed by personal experience, but sometimes the LCD replacement does.

5th September 2014, 01:28 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,254

6,542 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzephi

The LCD is molded to the glass? Cause if not, they would just be replacing the digitizer glass and not the LCD screen itself.

I am sure with this "free" replacement, they would be reducing overhead costs as much as possible. Hence why I assume they would keep the LCD if possible. When I fixed her LG spectrum screen, the digitizer itself was only $15 compared to the $75 LCD digitizer combo. With the digitizer, I know a factory reset isn't needed by personal experience, but sometimes the LCD replacement does.

Haven't had to replace my HTC One screen but, all other devices I've done the digitize and LCD are separate and held together with double sided tape around the edges. right behind the black paint around the bezel.

i tend to replace both as one unit because i could never keep the dust out from between. >.< need like a class 1 clean room or something. sheese.
5th September 2014, 01:58 AM   |  #5  
Flag Phoenix

1,434 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by synisterwolf

Haven't had to replace my HTC One screen but, all other devices I've done the digitize and LCD are separate and held together with double sided tape around the edges. right behind the black paint around the bezel.

i tend to replace both as one unit because i could never keep the dust out from between. >.< need like a class 1 clean room or something. sheese.

Yeah, I used my friend's dark room (and gloves OFC) when I did the spectrum screen. He is so paranoid about dust hitting his photos. That room was virtually dust free.

The Following User Says Thank You to Uzephi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread