XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

[Q] Well, It was supposed to work... hmm... Help with Verizon M7 root, using Sunshine

OP jmurra21

17th October 2014, 09:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I donloaded Sunshines and ran it on my phone. I thought after I did that (it said successful then rebooted) I would be ready to go.

Nope.

Attempted to install and run SuperSU but it says it cannot install binaries, it can't fix it, and that I need to re-root.

try rootcheckers, all still say nothing.

Can someone help me out here?

I'm running an HTC M7 on Verizon, 4.4.3, HTC Sense 6.0

This stuff used to be so easy....lol
18th October 2014, 03:16 AM   |  #2  
Flag Anaheim, CA
Thanks Meter: 54

228 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurra21

I donloaded Sunshines and ran it on my phone. I thought after I did that (it said successful then rebooted) I would be ready to go.

Nope.

Attempted to install and run SuperSU but it says it cannot install binaries, it can't fix it, and that I need to re-root.

Sunshine is pretty much bulletproof now.
You could remove SuperSU, then do a factory reset of the phone.
Then enable Developer Options, download the newest version of Sunshine,
log into your wifi connection, and run it again. It will root the phone early in the process without
your installing SuperSU. Good luck!
18th October 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #3  

48 posts
Quote:

Nope.

It is my understanding that sunshine unlocks your boot loader and gives you s-off, not root.
once you are boot loader unlocked and s-off you can use twrp to install an already rooted rom.
18th October 2014, 07:08 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
re: bulletproof
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelbsheldon

Sunshine is pretty much bulletproof now.
You could remove SuperSU, then do a factory reset of the phone.
Then enable Developer Options, download the newest version of Sunshine,
log into your wifi connection, and run it again. It will root the phone early in the process without
your installing SuperSU. Good luck!

I did that. That was what my prices was when I did it the very first time. I only bought it a week ago. That's why I posted. I'm falling on the other side of pretty much bulletproof, apparently.
18th October 2014, 07:12 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
umm, whoa, so....
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaping redhead

It is my understanding that sunshine unlocks your boot loader and gives you s-off, not root.
once you are boot loader unlocked and s-off you can use twrp to install an already rooted rom.

So the only way to root a Verizon HTC m7 on 4.4.3 is to wipe it and install a custom Rom (after unlocking the bootloader and achieving with sunshine)?
18th October 2014, 07:16 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
hey....
I don't know if it means anything or not, but after every install of sunshine, the app disappears from the app drawer after rebooting (caused by sunshine).

So I'm just asking....
18th October 2014, 02:30 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 19

139 posts
Quote:

I don't know if it means anything or not, but after every install of sunshine, the app disappears from the app drawer after rebooting (caused by sunshine).

So I'm just asking....

What I did was use sunshine to s off and unlock boot loader , reboot... After reboot, use towelroot v3 to temp root. (NOTE : towel root won't work if u just click the root button right off the bat. On our phones, u have to tap the intro msg 3 times and a string of numbers will appear. I change the last number which is 0 to a 1 , THEN u click the root button and Presto! ,ur temp rooted) THEN PROCEED to download flashify from play store, and use it to flash twrp, and then from there u can flash supersu... Works like a charm
18th October 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #8  

48 posts
Quote:

So the only way to root a Verizon HTC m7 on 4.4.3 is to wipe it and install a custom Rom (after unlocking the bootloader and achieving with sunshine)?

I used sunshine and then used towelroot to root. I had to install towelroot via adb. You could give that a try. Installing a custom rom will work 100%.
18th October 2014, 11:39 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
i used sunshine V2 a few months back and if i remeber right it reboots once and then you pay and it unlocks. Once it finished its thing i did not use towelroot or anything. I simply fasboot openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.1-m7wlv with adb and once the phone restarted I had root. It even installed supersu on its own as i never installed it but it ended up on my phone
18th October 2014, 11:41 PM   |  #10  
Flag Anaheim, CA
Thanks Meter: 54

228 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayanami00

i used sunshine v2 a few months back and if i remeber right it reboots once and then you pay and it unlocks. Once it finished its thing i did not use towelroot or anything. I simply fasboot openrecovery-twrp-2.7.1.1-m7wlv with adb and once the phone restarted i had root. It even installed supersu on its own as i never installed it but it ended up on my phone

what he said!!!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread