Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,353 Members 40,456 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Text Notification Ringtone not working

Tip us?

Moclvland
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Text Notification Ringtone not working

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this question. But, my text message notification ringtone suddenly stopped working. The phone vibrates when i get a text message but no sound. Which means im missing all my text messages. All other sounds seem to be working. This is happening with both the stock HTC messaging app and hangouts.

I've tried different ringtones, I've rebooted and it works for the first text message then stops.

Im using Santod's stock 6 sense rom.

Anyone have any ideas?

LoneWolf
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moclvland View Post
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this question. But, my text message notification ringtone suddenly stopped working. The phone vibrates when i get a text message but no sound. Which means im missing all my text messages. All other sounds seem to be working. This is happening with both the stock HTC messaging app and hangouts.

I've tried different ringtones, I've rebooted and it works for the first text message then stops.

Im using Santod's stock 6 sense rom.

Anyone have any ideas?
In the stock messaging app go to settings>Notifications and see if "play notification sound" is checked. Then in notification sound set it to the preferred sound and see if that works.

If all else fails do a clean install of the rom and you should be good to go. I am currently running the same Rom and on first boot my ringtone in sound settings was set to silent.

Moclvland
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
In the stock messaging app go to settings>Notifications and see if "play notification sound" is checked. Then in notification sound set it to the preferred sound and see if that works.

If all else fails do a clean install of the rom and you should be good to go. I am currently running the same Rom and on first boot my ringtone in sound settings was set to silent.
Thanks for the reply, everything is turned on as you suggested. I even changed the ringtone back to a HTC ringtone thinking one of my custom ringtones was causing the problem. But no change. I was trying to avoid the reset but i guess that's my only option.