So y did the phone app just ask for SU Permission?

OP bdizzle1686

28th August 2014, 07:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20

140 posts
I'm stock 4.4.2 Sense 6 s off unlocked bootloader rooted stock rom, and while browsing xda premium, all of a sudden I got a notification for htc "get started" ,I hit deny and immediately after that I got the SuperSu prompt for phone 'com.htc.dialer… requesting SuperSu rights…. U denied it… anybody have any idea???
28th August 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag NorCal
Thanks Meter: 9,084

6,587 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdizzle1686

I'm stock 4.4.2 Sense 6 s off unlocked bootloader rooted stock rom, and while browsing xda premium, all of a sudden I got a notification for htc "get started" ,I hit deny and immediately after that I got the SuperSu prompt for phone 'com.htc.dialer… requesting SuperSu rights…. U denied it… anybody have any idea???

Verizon
See one of several existing threads: LINK
Last edited by santod040; 28th August 2014 at 09:59 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to santod040 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,214

6,465 posts
More
Quote:

apps installed on the system partition have access to root without the need of SU to control it. When you install an app like superSU you now give that APK control of any request of root rights. When phone asked for root it didnt know that you have an app that is now handling the request and thats why you were notified.
The Following User Says Thank You to synisterwolf For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 10:30 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

140 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by santod040

Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by synisterwolf

apps installed on the system partition have access to root without the need of SU to control it. When you install an app like superSU you now give that APK control of any request of root rights. When phone asked for root it didnt know that you have an app that is now handling the request and thats why you were notified.

Thanks u guy's, I did a search before I posted but guess I didn't enter the right keywords..
28th August 2014, 10:33 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

140 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by santod040

Verizon

Oh n Santod, I'm on 1 of your stock rooted odexed roms, I noticed SuperSu isn't installed as system app when I look in the settings in SuperSu, is it better to leave it as a user app, or go ahead with the install as system app??
28th August 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag NorCal
Thanks Meter: 9,084

6,587 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Oh n Santod, I'm on 1 of your stock rooted odexed roms, I noticed SuperSu isn't installed as system app when I look in the settings in SuperSu, is it better to leave it as a user app, or go ahead with the install as system app??

It works just fine as is, no need to change anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to santod040 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread