Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,623 Members 50,549 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

So y did the phone app just ask for SU Permission?

Tip us?
 
bdizzle1686
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 82
Join Date: Jul 2014
Default So y did the phone app just ask for SU Permission?

I'm stock 4.4.2 Sense 6 s off unlocked bootloader rooted stock rom, and while browsing xda premium, all of a sudden I got a notification for htc "get started" ,I hit deny and immediately after that I got the SuperSu prompt for phone 'com.htc.dialer… requesting SuperSu rights…. U denied it… anybody have any idea???
 
santod040
Old
(Last edited by santod040; 28th August 2014 at 09:59 PM.)
#2  
santod040's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 8,345
Posts: 6,190
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NorCal

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdizzle1686 View Post
I'm stock 4.4.2 Sense 6 s off unlocked bootloader rooted stock rom, and while browsing xda premium, all of a sudden I got a notification for htc "get started" ,I hit deny and immediately after that I got the SuperSu prompt for phone 'com.htc.dialer… requesting SuperSu rights…. U denied it… anybody have any idea???
Verizon
See one of several existing threads: LINK
Current Devices: HTC Thunderbolt | HTC Droid DNA | HTC One - m7 | HTC One - m8


Follow me on Twitter
ULTIMATE WALLS WVGA Wallpaper Collection
Donations always appreciated! Never required!


The Following User Says Thank You to santod040 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
synisterwolf
Old
#3  
synisterwolf's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,193
Posts: 6,416
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdizzle1686 View Post
I'm stock 4.4.2 Sense 6 s off unlocked bootloader rooted stock rom, and while browsing xda premium, all of a sudden I got a notification for htc "get started" ,I hit deny and immediately after that I got the SuperSu prompt for phone 'com.htc.dialer… requesting SuperSu rights…. U denied it… anybody have any idea???
apps installed on the system partition have access to root without the need of SU to control it. When you install an app like superSU you now give that APK control of any request of root rights. When phone asked for root it didnt know that you have an app that is now handling the request and thats why you were notified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Internet
You learn something new everyday. Unless you have a brain injury, then it's all pretty much yelling and coloring.
Congratulations on being the kind of person who corrects the grammar of others, unsolicited. You're the Microsoft Word Paperclip.
The Following User Says Thank You to synisterwolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
bdizzle1686
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 82
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by santod040 View Post
Verizon
See one of several existing threads: LINK






Quote:
Originally Posted by synisterwolf View Post
apps installed on the system partition have access to root without the need of SU to control it. When you install an app like superSU you now give that APK control of any request of root rights. When phone asked for root it didnt know that you have an app that is now handling the request and thats why you were notified.
Thanks u guy's, I did a search before I posted but guess I didn't enter the right keywords..
 
bdizzle1686
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 82
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by santod040 View Post
Verizon
See one of several existing threads: LINK
Oh n Santod, I'm on 1 of your stock rooted odexed roms, I noticed SuperSu isn't installed as system app when I look in the settings in SuperSu, is it better to leave it as a user app, or go ahead with the install as system app??
 
santod040
Old
#6  
santod040's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 8,345
Posts: 6,190
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NorCal

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdizzle1686 View Post
Oh n Santod, I'm on 1 of your stock rooted odexed roms, I noticed SuperSu isn't installed as system app when I look in the settings in SuperSu, is it better to leave it as a user app, or go ahead with the install as system app??
It works just fine as is, no need to change anything.
Current Devices: HTC Thunderbolt | HTC Droid DNA | HTC One - m7 | HTC One - m8


Follow me on Twitter
ULTIMATE WALLS WVGA Wallpaper Collection
Donations always appreciated! Never required!


The Following User Says Thank You to santod040 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes