The obligatory "Cases" thread. Show yours.

Search This thread

RED ZMAN

Now that we have have all of our own forums I figured we'd get this one started.

The cases showed up for my fones the other day, the phone yesterday, but I'm still 800 miles away.

The phone in the picture is my wifes T Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 2 in a Seidio case.

Fintie LG G3 Case - Guardian Series Dual Layer Holster with Kickstand and Belt Swivel Clip for LG G3 2014 - Red by Fintie http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KL80TDO/

Hyperion Titan 2-piece Premium Hybrid Protective Case / Cover for L... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JPL5LW2/

Hyperion Titan 2-piece Premium Hybrid Protective Case / Cover for L... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JPL5LW2/

y8aqe6yb.jpg

varypame.jpg

y6yhyru7.jpg

Reactions: androtn

goodfella44

Aug 17, 2012
Is there a difference between international versions and the US versions with theses cases? Like not having certain holes cut out for antennae placement

kpantz

Aug 5, 2010
Lehigh Valley, PA
IMO the spigen slim armor case is probably the nicest, slimmest, case there is while still protecting your phone... I love mine. I bought a white phone and wanted to stay with white

Agreed. I bought the gunmetal one for my black G3 and couldn't be happier. True to form, I dropped it last night (grumble grumble) and though the case got a tiny bit scuffed on the tumble/slide across the concrete, the phone is unaffected.

Reactions: hoola20055

hoola20055

Jan 31, 2009
Agreed. I bought the gunmetal one for my black G3 and couldn't be happier. True to form, I dropped it last night (grumble grumble) and though the case got a tiny bit scuffed on the tumble/slide across the concrete, the phone is unaffected.

Gun metal one here too. Looks great. I still can't believe how light this phone is even with a case

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

bobbarker2

Aug 30, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
According to my digital calipers, the stock devices 9.76 mm. With the case it is 13 mm.

3.24mm thicker with the case. The front lip that protects the face is probably half of that.

Here's more pics...

Thank you for the extensive pictures. I'm debating between this one and the Spigen Slim Armor. Main thing I like in the Spigen is the little bit of plastic it puts between the volume up and the camera lens, I find myself hitting the lens by mistake a lot and I think this would help me find the volume better.

Reactions: TattooedNerd32

postal302

Nov 21, 2013
Nashville
I'm really REALLy digging these Hyperion Titan cases. I'll have to do a review on one in a few days. Really great fit.

This might be an unanswerable question, but how sturdy is the color on the hard frame? A long time ago I had a case like this for my S3 and within a month the color on the corners of the hard plastic was starting to wear off. I've since then only used cases where the soft portion has color and the hard part is black or white.

Otherwise I've been eyeballing the Hyperion cases since they started showing up online. I like how slim they are and how they maintain the back curve of the phone.

RED ZMAN

Thank you for the extensive pictures. I'm debating between this one and the Spigen Slim Armor. Main thing I like in the Spigen is the little bit of plastic it puts between the volume up and the camera lens, I find myself hitting the lens by mistake a lot and I think this would help me find the volume better.

Thanks button is for thanks man. Not an issue, folks here help me all the time, I like to help back.

I can see a thin part like that being helpful, but this looks great. BTW, I JUST noticed there is a plastic cover on the power button and volume buttons I didn't peel off. How did they ever expect anyone to notice that? Much better now!

To find the volume button I put my finger on the power button and slide up.

This might be an unanswerable question, but how sturdy is the color on the hard frame? A long time ago I had a case like this for my S3 and within a month the color on the corners of the hard plastic was starting to wear off. I've since then only used cases where the soft portion has color and the hard part is black or white.

Otherwise I've been eyeballing the Hyperion cases since they started showing up online. I like how slim they are and how they maintain the back curve of the phone.

Seems pretty frigging sturdy. I don't think it is painted, I think thats actually colored plastic. I've got mine in a cheap holster (see the nasty red case in my first post) and no issues at all yet. I'll keep you all up to date though.

truent

Oct 18, 2012
Juswanted to say, I got the Spigen Slim Armor in gunmetal from amazon for 17.99 i think? came fast.. and its been great. I'm not a fan of big cases.. and this one stays pretty true to form.. I wish i could bareback it with nothing cuz the thing looks great by itself.. but, ya know :p

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------

LG shows a nice looking Slim leather case but I don't see it for sale anywhere.

wow.. some nice accessories there.. but it's like going to the dealer for an oil change.. i can't do it... ha

bobbarker2

Aug 30, 2013
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks button is for thanks man. Not an issue, folks here help me all the time, I like to help back.

I can see a thin part like that being helpful, but this looks great. BTW, I JUST noticed there is a plastic cover on the power button and volume buttons I didn't peel off. How did they ever expect anyone to notice that? Much better now!

Wow still had mine on too.

dr0id99

Dec 28, 2010
So far I've tested the Spigen Slim Armour and the Cruzerlite TPU. The slim amour does do a better job of protecting the phone but I'm finding the plastic back to be to slippery for my taste one handed, where the cruzerlite doesn't slip at all but also doesn't protect as we'll.

Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts