Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,035 Members 41,830 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Verus Iron Shield case

Tip us?

mrcr0nic
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanEJ25 View Post
Does anyone have this case for their G3? If so how do you like it? This is the case I am talking about. I want to get it but hesitant because I want something thin and I like the aluminum frame. If someone does have it and does not want it LMK and ill buy it or trade for a brand new otterbox defender case.
got mine a few days ago - it's thing and light - the metal seems solid enough (the edges are a little sharp though). No extra hole. has an S5-like back with those little dimples. Got it in black with the silver rim.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140730_105821_1.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (74.7 KB, 262 views)

oneandroidnut
Old
Thanks Meter 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by viskey View Post
I got it at my local Verizon store so I have no link. There are also reviews on Amazon that other people have gotten the US version as well with no hole.
oh shucks. i got amazon one and it has hole for the clear case that is
Currents:
LG G3
Awaiting Note 4
Sold:
Note 3 DE, OnePlus One 64 GB, HTC One M8, HTC One Max, HTC One, Nexus 7 Flo 32 GB, Google Chromecast, Galaxy S4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Tab 7.0, HTC DNA, HTC Rezound, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Incredible, Xoom 32 GB, Droid Bionic, Droid 2 Global, Droid X2, Droid X

bkrickles
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Just ordered this case after reading about it here and watching a couple of reviews on youtube.
Pretty excited about this one. It looks great, has pretty good protective features and is still relatively inexpensive. Just purchased on amazon directly from verus for 19.99 plus 2 for shipping and zero tax.
Should have it within a week.
I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

Robshr
Old
Thanks Meter 261

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanEJ25 View Post
Does anyone have this case for their G3? If so how do you like it? This is the case I am talking about. I want to get it but hesitant because I want something thin and I like the aluminum frame. If someone does have it and does not want it LMK and ill buy it or trade for a brand new otterbox defender case.
I bought this case at first I like it but I noticed with the case on my signal dropped down to 1 bar from 5 bars and my download speed went from 15 Mbps download speed to less than 1 Mbps it took me about a week to figure this out as to who would think that the case would block the signal but it does I spent countless hours on the phone with Verizon trying to figure out what was going on then just by chance when I was switching the dim cards back and fourth from my g2 to my g3 to see if it may be the phone I noticed that my signal was fine until I put the car back on so don't buy this case hopefully this will help anyone thinking of buying this case
Rob
Rocking Cloudy's G3 ROM with simple kernel on my G2 now referred to as my g3 mini
Clean ROM and elementalx kernel on nexus 7
Lg g3 running stock rooted with xposed
IF YOU LIKE MY WORK OR I'VE HELPED YOU PLEASE HIT THANKS

thegrants82
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshr View Post
I bought this case at first I like it but I noticed with the case on my signal dropped down to 1 bar from 5 bars and my download speed went from 15 Mbps download speed to less than 1 Mbps it took me about a week to figure this out as to who would think that the case would block the signal but it does I spent countless hours on the phone with Verizon trying to figure out what was going on then just by chance when I was switching the dim cards back and fourth from my g2 to my g3 to see if it may be the phone I noticed that my signal was fine until I put the car back on so don't buy this case hopefully this will help anyone thinking of buying this case
Rob
Yeah I was going to get this before unread the same thing in a few reviews. Battery killer.

jlambeth1
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I have the exact same case that you link to, OP. It has already survived a fall with just a little ding on the metal band around the case. I haven't noticed any drop in signal or battery life while using this case.

steelersmb
Old
Thanks Meter 48
I got this case yesterday and have to say that I don't like it at all. As others have said, the metal is sharp in places and the signal does drop. I went from getting 4G in my home to 3G after putting the case on. Once I took it off, it went back to 4G. If anyone wants to buy one for cheap, let me know.

bkrickles
Old
Thanks Meter 146
I just received the verus iron shield the other day too and I love the look and feel.
On this thread, I believe, and elsewhere I read some people were seeing some signal degradation due to the metal frame.
This made me sensitive to this and I've been trying to see if that's the case. I was testing two nights ago in my basement and it appeared that I was getting one less bar of signal. I was pretty tired and bleary eyed so I need to try this again hopefully this weekend.
I was wondering if you or someone else has checked this out.
The case is beautiful and gives above average protection, which is more than enough for me, but if the signal is being affected that would be a dealbreaker.
On another note, I have the supcase frost/clear back case and I love that too. It's thin, light and looks terrific. It offers no better than average protection but that's ok with me too.
These 2 cases give me everything that I personally look for in phone cases.
Thanks in advance
Edit:
Been testing and the iron shield definitely degrades signal for me. I'll be returning it to amazon
I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

RyanEJ25
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersmb View Post
I got this case yesterday and have to say that I don't like it at all. As others have said, the metal is sharp in places and the signal does drop. I went from getting 4G in my home to 3G after putting the case on. Once I took it off, it went back to 4G. If anyone wants to buy one for cheap, let me know.
Pm sent