Possible Good News Towards Bootloader Unlocking

9th August 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 60

228 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillmorn

I believe the "official" unlock may happen in time. It wouldn't surprise me in the least bit if LG adopted the same practices as HTC in that regard. With that said, it's not something Verizon will ever allow on their devices. In the past, we may have gotten lucky. Now, we only have that option if Verizon and the manufacturers offer us a "Developer" or Google Experience edition. Personal advice would be to lock down your phone via Titanium Backup concerning OTAs, regardless of how enticing they may be, and wait for the Dev community to release their method.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Apparantly you didnt have a m8.
10th August 2014, 12:25 AM   |  #12  
OP Member
Flag Columbia
Thanks Meter: 10

33 posts
More
*shakes head* Did HTC actually release the S-Off method for Verizon devices? Thought it got unlocked by devs via firewater because when S-Off was first released by HTC for the M8 the Verizon version was not included.

10th August 2014, 01:30 AM   |  #13  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 301

1,021 posts
More
Quote:

*shakes head* Did HTC actually release the S-Off method for Verizon devices? Thought it got unlocked by devs via firewater because when S-Off was first released by HTC for the M8 the Verizon version was not included.

Verizon was not included. You either must use the exploit of find someone with a USB S-Off service card.
The Following User Says Thank You to tech_head For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th August 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 58

734 posts
More
Verizon probably won't even let the official unlock work as it'll "mess up the network". Oh FFS.
12th August 2014, 01:24 PM   |  #15  
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 1,664

3,484 posts
Donate to Me
More
Verizon just plain sucks as far as these things go...they lock everything down, then also they don't even want us having any Nexus devices. But it's OK you can pay around $650 with tax for a Dev S5 or something that you have to get from Samsung lol

Ridiculous

- Tapatalked from the G3
The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th August 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #16  
OP Member
Flag Columbia
Thanks Meter: 10

33 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac

Verizon just plain sucks as far as these things go...they lock everything down, then also they don't even want us having any Nexus devices. But it's OK you can pay around $650 with tax for a Dev S5 or something that you have to get from Samsung lol

Ridiculous

- Tapatalked from the G3

Agreed. If I was in a part of the country with better coverage from the other providers, I would have sold my unlimited line and jumped ship a long time ago. But alas, only AT&T has decent coverage outside of cities in SC besides Verizon, and their coverage drops significantly if you veer off an interstate onto a back highway surrounded by countryside around here. So Verizon it is.

12th August 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 17

55 posts
Quote:

Agreed. If I was in a part of the country with better coverage from the other providers, I would have sold my unlimited line and jumped ship a long time ago. But alas, only AT&T has decent coverage outside of cities in SC besides Verizon, and their coverage drops significantly if you veer off an interstate onto a back highway surrounded by countryside around here. So Verizon it is.

Could not possibly agree any more...I wished VZW weren't so locked down on everything. I'm in the exact same situation here in NE. AT&T's the only one who's even close coverage-wise, and really they aren't. So yep, our choices out here include Verizon, Verizon, ooorrrrrr...Verizon!
The Following User Says Thank You to ohlin5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th August 2014, 02:26 AM   |  #18  
Flag Rochester
Thanks Meter: 229

476 posts
More
Emailed LG about a bootloader unlock since there rumors floating. LG's response was that I'd have to get it from Big Red. Fat chance of that happening.

LG G3 flies faster than a G6
OG RAZR XT912 got 4.4 before S4

The Following User Says Thank You to ins5736 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bootloader, snapdragon, unlocking
Previous Thread Next Thread