Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Quick Circle Usage Prevalence

OP R_McNeely

1st September 2014, 03:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

30 posts
Hi all, went out and bought the G3 on spur of the moment decision. I've got a rough understanding of its features but I'm more used to Samsung between my old phone and my girlfriends S5. One thing I was wondering about however was how useful the Quick Circle features are for the G3.

I've heard that they opened it up for developers to add support to non-LG stock apps I think and I just wondered how widespread this had gotten. For instance is it worth investing in a case to make use of these features or just a regular shell. For that matter can we access Quick Circle without the case?
1st September 2014, 04:58 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_McNeely

Hi all, went out and bought the G3 on spur of the moment decision. I've got a rough understanding of its features but I'm more used to Samsung between my old phone and my girlfriends S5. One thing I was wondering about however was how useful the Quick Circle features are for the G3.

I've heard that they opened it up for developers to add support to non-LG stock apps I think and I just wondered how widespread this had gotten. For instance is it worth investing in a case to make use of these features or just a regular shell. For that matter can we access Quick Circle without the case?

Well for me wireless charging was the important thing. I just got a cheap one with charging off of EBay. It says for lg g3 instead of lg g3, which I don't like.
1st September 2014, 05:13 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 22

68 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutekiller787

Well for me wireless charging was the important thing. I just got a cheap one with charging off of EBay. It says for lg g3 instead of lg g3, which I don't like.

Other then that, does everything work fine?
1st September 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 119

576 posts
You can simulate the circle case by touching a magnet about 2/3 the way up the left edge of the phone face. You will see a circular clock show up.

Edit because I got left and right backwards originally...
Last edited by trent999; 2nd September 2014 at 05:56 PM.
2nd September 2014, 12:54 AM   |  #5  

5 posts
Yes as far as I know everything is perfect, just wish the case would stay closed with like a magnet Or something
2nd September 2014, 02:47 PM   |  #6  
Flag PJS
Thanks Meter: 34

129 posts
Quote:

Yes as far as I know everything is perfect, just wish the case would stay closed with like a magnet Or something

You're wish is my command

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...791709&alt=web

This works great by the way
2nd September 2014, 03:23 PM   |  #7  

5 posts
Just bought one. Thanks. Does it stick out? I was looking for one that was kind of built it as to not add to the sides. I will see Sept 6 though
2nd September 2014, 03:32 PM   |  #8  
Flag PJS
Thanks Meter: 34

129 posts
Quote:

Just bought one. Thanks. Does it stick out? I was looking for one that was kind of built it as to not add to the sides. I will see Sept 6 though

It actually makes the case look somewhat nicer , ive gotten many compliments, it works well and doesn't stick out too much
2nd September 2014, 06:02 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 119

576 posts
Spigen wanted $20 for two little magnets and some double-sided tape ? 😒
No circle case included and they warn you on the box that removing and reinstalling it a few times might make it fail.

I am glad it works well, and very glad it's half price.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apps, case, quick circle
Previous Thread Next Thread