5,814,720 Members 52,434 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Quick Circle Usage Prevalence

Tip us?
 
R_McNeely
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 28
Join Date: Aug 2013
Question [Q] Quick Circle Usage Prevalence

Hi all, went out and bought the G3 on spur of the moment decision. I've got a rough understanding of its features but I'm more used to Samsung between my old phone and my girlfriends S5. One thing I was wondering about however was how useful the Quick Circle features are for the G3.

I've heard that they opened it up for developers to add support to non-LG stock apps I think and I just wondered how widespread this had gotten. For instance is it worth investing in a case to make use of these features or just a regular shell. For that matter can we access Quick Circle without the case?
 
brutekiller787
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_McNeely View Post
Hi all, went out and bought the G3 on spur of the moment decision. I've got a rough understanding of its features but I'm more used to Samsung between my old phone and my girlfriends S5. One thing I was wondering about however was how useful the Quick Circle features are for the G3.

I've heard that they opened it up for developers to add support to non-LG stock apps I think and I just wondered how widespread this had gotten. For instance is it worth investing in a case to make use of these features or just a regular shell. For that matter can we access Quick Circle without the case?
Well for me wireless charging was the important thing. I just got a cheap one with charging off of EBay. It says for lg g3 instead of lg g3, which I don't like.
 
spartandawgs_03
Old
#3  
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 59
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutekiller787 View Post
Well for me wireless charging was the important thing. I just got a cheap one with charging off of EBay. It says for lg g3 instead of lg g3, which I don't like.
Other then that, does everything work fine?
 
trent999
Old
(Last edited by trent999; 2nd September 2014 at 04:56 PM.)
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 78
Posts: 396
Join Date: Nov 2013
You can simulate the circle case by touching a magnet about 2/3 the way up the left edge of the phone face. You will see a circular clock show up.

Edit because I got left and right backwards originally...
 
brutekiller787
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jul 2014
Yes as far as I know everything is perfect, just wish the case would stay closed with like a magnet Or something
 
Jewveeski
Old
#6  
Jewveeski's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 104
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: PJS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutekiller787 View Post
Yes as far as I know everything is perfect, just wish the case would stay closed with like a magnet Or something
You're wish is my command

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...791709&alt=web

This works great by the way
 
brutekiller787
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 5
Join Date: Jul 2014
Just bought one. Thanks. Does it stick out? I was looking for one that was kind of built it as to not add to the sides. I will see Sept 6 though
 
Jewveeski
Old
#8  
Jewveeski's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 104
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: PJS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutekiller787 View Post
Just bought one. Thanks. Does it stick out? I was looking for one that was kind of built it as to not add to the sides. I will see Sept 6 though
It actually makes the case look somewhat nicer , ive gotten many compliments, it works well and doesn't stick out too much
 
trent999
Old
#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 78
Posts: 396
Join Date: Nov 2013
Spigen wanted $20 for two little magnets and some double-sided tape ? 😒
No circle case included and they warn you on the box that removing and reinstalling it a few times might make it fail.

I am glad it works well, and very glad it's half price.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Tags
apps, case, quick circle
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Google Play Store to Show Price Ranges for In-App Purchases

Google recently announced a change to Google Play Store policy that requires … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: How to Shut Up Your Phone – XDA Developer TV

So many different applications want to send us notifications that … more

Add Some Power to First Generation Snapdragon CPUs

Some older devices still remain very popular. Phones like theHTC Desire, Sony Ericsson … more

Android M Mentions Spotted in Android Code Review

While we are still waiting for Android L to be officially released, the first mentions of … more