XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Quick Circle Usage Prevalence

Tip us?

R_McNeely
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Question [Q] Quick Circle Usage Prevalence

Hi all, went out and bought the G3 on spur of the moment decision. I've got a rough understanding of its features but I'm more used to Samsung between my old phone and my girlfriends S5. One thing I was wondering about however was how useful the Quick Circle features are for the G3.

I've heard that they opened it up for developers to add support to non-LG stock apps I think and I just wondered how widespread this had gotten. For instance is it worth investing in a case to make use of these features or just a regular shell. For that matter can we access Quick Circle without the case?

brutekiller787
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_McNeely View Post
Hi all, went out and bought the G3 on spur of the moment decision. I've got a rough understanding of its features but I'm more used to Samsung between my old phone and my girlfriends S5. One thing I was wondering about however was how useful the Quick Circle features are for the G3.

I've heard that they opened it up for developers to add support to non-LG stock apps I think and I just wondered how widespread this had gotten. For instance is it worth investing in a case to make use of these features or just a regular shell. For that matter can we access Quick Circle without the case?
Well for me wireless charging was the important thing. I just got a cheap one with charging off of EBay. It says for lg g3 instead of lg g3, which I don't like.

spartandawgs_03
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutekiller787 View Post
Well for me wireless charging was the important thing. I just got a cheap one with charging off of EBay. It says for lg g3 instead of lg g3, which I don't like.
Other then that, does everything work fine?

trent999
Old
(Last edited by trent999; 2nd September 2014 at 04:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 78
You can simulate the circle case by touching a magnet about 2/3 the way up the left edge of the phone face. You will see a circular clock show up.

Edit because I got left and right backwards originally...

brutekiller787
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yes as far as I know everything is perfect, just wish the case would stay closed with like a magnet Or something

Jewveeski
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Yes as far as I know everything is perfect, just wish the case would stay closed with like a magnet Or something
You're wish is my command

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...791709&alt=web

This works great by the way

brutekiller787
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just bought one. Thanks. Does it stick out? I was looking for one that was kind of built it as to not add to the sides. I will see Sept 6 though

Jewveeski
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Just bought one. Thanks. Does it stick out? I was looking for one that was kind of built it as to not add to the sides. I will see Sept 6 though
It actually makes the case look somewhat nicer , ive gotten many compliments, it works well and doesn't stick out too much

trent999
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Spigen wanted $20 for two little magnets and some double-sided tape ? 😒
No circle case included and they warn you on the box that removing and reinstalling it a few times might make it fail.

I am glad it works well, and very glad it's half price.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Tags
apps, case, quick circle