Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,005 Members 38,082 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Reviews - Verizon G3

Tip us?

boe
Old
(Last edited by boe; 28th July 2014 at 03:06 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorMD View Post
If I may ask, which apps did you disable/turn off after you set up your G3? I am curious what you found to be the battery hogs that you don't or won't need. Everyone has different needs, but knowing what others did will help others as well.
I wish I had made note - Since the are not enabled, I can't tell you anymore but I can tell you if you got application manager - all apps you'll find at least 6 that I didn't need running. All I want on my phone is incoming and outgoing calls, BT, messaging and email. I didn't need weather, a bunch of play stuff etc. I've had over 2 hours of talk time on my BT headset, been unplugged for a little over 24 hours and am at 89%. When people used to post things like that I thought they were lying or idiots but apparently I was the idiot for not knowing about disabling more junk. I wonder how much battery life I would have gotten on my S4 if I had done this. Unfortunately, although I like my new Plantronics headset it doesn't have the battery life of my sennheiser.

jamosjamos
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Default Lots to like

I'm coming from an S4.

On the G3, I'm a big fan of the tap to wake/sleep functions. The screen looks sharp and bright to me. The 5.5" screen makes web browsing easier and games more fun. Video is more watchable too.

The G3 is bigger and it's heavier than the S4. It definitely feels like a bigger device. I'm still getting used to holding it and 1 hand operation is not quite as easy. The larger screen is definitely worth it though.

Sound, through the speaker, is loud enough, but not quite as clear as the S4 IMO. I plan to do some sound mods, so my opinion may change after mod.

Battery life is very good. I can easily get through my average day with juice to spare. I did kill most of the bloatware and I'm running stuff to kill background apps.
Current: Verizon LG G3, Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 (SM-T900), Verizon Galaxy S4, Nexus 7, Nook Tablet
Past: Thunderbolt, Droid Incredible, Galaxy Nexus