28th July 2014, 04:03 AM   |  #21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 40

747 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorMD

If I may ask, which apps did you disable/turn off after you set up your G3? I am curious what you found to be the battery hogs that you don't or won't need. Everyone has different needs, but knowing what others did will help others as well.

I wish I had made note - Since the are not enabled, I can't tell you anymore but I can tell you if you got application manager - all apps you'll find at least 6 that I didn't need running. All I want on my phone is incoming and outgoing calls, BT, messaging and email. I didn't need weather, a bunch of play stuff etc. I've had over 2 hours of talk time on my BT headset, been unplugged for a little over 24 hours and am at 89%. When people used to post things like that I thought they were lying or idiots but apparently I was the idiot for not knowing about disabling more junk. I wonder how much battery life I would have gotten on my S4 if I had done this. Unfortunately, although I like my new Plantronics headset it doesn't have the battery life of my sennheiser.
Last edited by boe; 28th July 2014 at 04:06 AM.
29th July 2014, 09:00 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 25

33 posts
More
Lots to like
I'm coming from an S4.

On the G3, I'm a big fan of the tap to wake/sleep functions. The screen looks sharp and bright to me. The 5.5" screen makes web browsing easier and games more fun. Video is more watchable too.

The G3 is bigger and it's heavier than the S4. It definitely feels like a bigger device. I'm still getting used to holding it and 1 hand operation is not quite as easy. The larger screen is definitely worth it though.

Sound, through the speaker, is loud enough, but not quite as clear as the S4 IMO. I plan to do some sound mods, so my opinion may change after mod.

Battery life is very good. I can easily get through my average day with juice to spare. I did kill most of the bloatware and I'm running stuff to kill background apps.
8th November 2014, 11:14 AM   |  #23  
Flag Windsor Locks
Thanks Meter: 163

785 posts
More
I received mine a few days ago. Yes, it is heavier and bigger than S4 and 2014 MotoX but I do like the more natural looking screen than the saturated SuperAmoled.

However, I am completely underwhelmed by this phone. I was expecting far better. It does lag. But, it lags less when using Google Home Launcher as opposed to Stock launcher. Moreover, the 2014 Moto X FLIES in comparison and is the definite speed champ.

Camera is better than the Moto X but still feel it isn't the best. It is acceptable.

Software interface is a step or two above TouchWiz. In fact, Sense 6 is the better interface overall if I had to choose.. Not crazy about it but is workable. I really prefer pure Android,

Call quality is average but not great. It has that robotic quality to it like the S4, and just not as good as the Moto or even the HTC One Max.

Last but not least, for some reason, my battery life is terrible and is on par with the weak Moto X battery life. Now, I did buy the L3 on Swappa and perhaps it may need a new battery, but I am glad it is removable. Just may have to pony up for an extra.

So, overall, I am a bit disappointed. I was expecting to be bowled over but wasn't. Good phone, yes, especially at almost half price! Best phone, maybe not.
Last edited by markwebb; 8th November 2014 at 11:31 AM.
8th November 2014, 10:59 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 40

312 posts
That's interesting that you're underwhelmed. It was the exact opposite for me. I had already owned a G2 and figured upgrading to the G3 wasn't really worth it. I was going to get the Note 4 but a G3 owner talked me out of it. So I took the plunge and couldn't be happier. I was experiencing a little lag on the stock ROM. I'm currently running a custom ROM and this baby is flying. With me, I think I expected to be disappointed with the G3. Turns out I'm glad I upgraded to it. I love it just as much as I loved my G2.
9th November 2014, 12:06 AM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 84

144 posts
More
Try a custom ROM based off stock to help kill the lag. This phone is pretty easy to root with stump, and flash a recovery into. The whole process can be done in @ 15min using 2 apps. I'm running Jasmine 3.0 with xposed modules installed and I charge my battery every day and a half or so. Stock eats your battery a lot.
If you don't want to do a rom, at least use stump root to get root and install xposed framework. Then you can add on all the tweaks you want. G3 tweaksbox, greenify & amplify for battery, etc...
Just read the xda forums so you can get the most out of your device. Its a really great device once you tweak it a little bit.
9th November 2014, 01:09 AM   |  #26  
Flag Windsor Locks
Thanks Meter: 163

785 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by startswithPendswithOOH

Try a custom ROM based off stock to help kill the lag. This phone is pretty easy to root with stump, and flash a recovery into. The whole process can be done in @ 15min using 2 apps. I'm running Jasmine 3.0 with xposed modules installed and I charge my battery every day and a half or so. Stock eats your battery a lot.
If you don't want to do a rom, at least use stump root to get root and install xposed framework. Then you can add on all the tweaks you want. G3 tweaksbox, greenify & amplify for battery, etc...
Just read the xda forums so you can get the most out of your device. Its a really great device once you tweak it a little bit.

Thanks but already have done all of what you suggested... and I live on XDA if you check my posts.
Now, I just upgraded my 2014 pure edition moto x this afternoon to 5.0 and love it! Phone is smooth, fast with improved camera and battery life!
Perhaps the lg g3 will also respond as such, but the interface may be the culprit. Let's hope it doesn't stunt 5.0!

Sent from my HTC One Max on Adrenaline Rom using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by markwebb; 9th November 2014 at 01:37 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread