Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,560 Members 53,071 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sound mod that works

Tip us?

asj2583
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56

DONATE TO ME
Default Sound mod that works

Hey guys so I was looking for a way to increase the volume on my Verizon branded G3 with no luck. Tried Viper4Android and even the mixer_path mod but that didn't work. So I looked and found this mod for the G2 which requires editing the snd_soc_msm_taiko. So I tried that and to my surprise it works. What I did was copy the file using root explorer to my sd card and then edited using a text editor on my pc due to file being to large for root explorer. Copied to directory and fixed permissions and after a reboot noticed the difference. Anyways more info is available on the following link --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2442883. Make sure you thank them if this helps you.

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by asj2583 View Post
Hey guys so I was looking for a way to increase the volume on my Verizon branded G3 with no luck. Tried Viper4Android and even the mixer_path mod but that didn't work. So I looked and found this mod for the G2 which requires editing the snd_soc_msm_taiko. So I tried that and to my surprise it works. What I did was copy the file using root explorer to my sd card and then edited using a text editor on my pc due to file being to large for root explorer. Copied to directory and fixed permissions and after a reboot noticed the difference. Anyways more info is available on the following link --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2442883. Make sure you thank them if this helps you.
im all for figuring this out myself, but without a custom recovery to restore backups, i would rather not re-flash stock while im trying this.

if you have it working without issue, can you just post the modified file?

thanks
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here

jfriend33
Old
Thanks Meter 67
How can we use an equalizer? Also some ring tones on max sound a teeny distorted. This speaker is LOUD

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

asj2583
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56

DONATE TO ME
I actually use Viper4Android along with this mod as the volume mod for the speaker within Viper4Android doesn't seem to work however the equalizer does.