OP asj2583

30th August 2014, 09:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Antonio, Texas
Thanks Meter: 56

628 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey guys so I was looking for a way to increase the volume on my Verizon branded G3 with no luck. Tried Viper4Android and even the mixer_path mod but that didn't work. So I looked and found this mod for the G2 which requires editing the snd_soc_msm_taiko. So I tried that and to my surprise it works. What I did was copy the file using root explorer to my sd card and then edited using a text editor on my pc due to file being to large for root explorer. Copied to directory and fixed permissions and after a reboot noticed the difference. Anyways more info is available on the following link --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2442883. Make sure you thank them if this helps you.
1st September 2014, 01:47 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 941

1,994 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asj2583

Hey guys so I was looking for a way to increase the volume on my Verizon branded G3 with no luck. Tried Viper4Android and even the mixer_path mod but that didn't work. So I looked and found this mod for the G2 which requires editing the snd_soc_msm_taiko. So I tried that and to my surprise it works. What I did was copy the file using root explorer to my sd card and then edited using a text editor on my pc due to file being to large for root explorer. Copied to directory and fixed permissions and after a reboot noticed the difference. Anyways more info is available on the following link --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2442883. Make sure you thank them if this helps you.

im all for figuring this out myself, but without a custom recovery to restore backups, i would rather not re-flash stock while im trying this.

if you have it working without issue, can you just post the modified file?

thanks
2nd September 2014, 05:49 AM   |  #3  
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 93

1,176 posts
More
How can we use an equalizer? Also some ring tones on max sound a teeny distorted. This speaker is LOUD

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
2nd September 2014, 07:25 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Antonio, Texas
Thanks Meter: 56

628 posts
Donate to Me
More
I actually use Viper4Android along with this mod as the volume mod for the speaker within Viper4Android doesn't seem to work however the equalizer does.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread