Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,656 Members 52,310 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Change the view of your Recents Apps List

Tip us?

THEbigSWEEN
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 198
Info 2 Change the view of your Recents Apps List

I would like to think I'm pretty well informed. I browse the forums and did my homework before getting my G3, but yesterday I stumbled upon an article (I think it was "7 Things You Need to Know About Your G3") that showed a little trick that I hadn't seen mentioned the whole time I've been reading about the phone. When your Recents Panel is open if you pinch out slightly it will change from the small cluttered screens (I think it's 3x3) to a more zoomed in usable list (2x2) and if you pinch out even more it will go to the single column view!

I figured if I hadn't realized this yet there was bound to be a few others who didn't get the memo as well! (kind of like the hidden plastic tie-fighter on the power/volume buttons) Or if I WAS the only one then disregard my ignorance and have a nice day!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to THEbigSWEEN For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Colchiro
Old
Thanks Meter 135
10 things new LG G3 owners need to know.
LG G3, Dell Venue 11 Pro, Dell Venue 8 Pro, HP TouchPad.
The Following User Says Thank You to Colchiro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

THEbigSWEEN
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colchiro View Post
Yea I had read that article before, but it doesn't mention what I was talking about with the Recent Apps. Before yesterday hadn't seen any mention of it. Here's what I was talking about (number 4 on the list) http://blogs.computerworld.com/andro...2/lg-g3-tweaks

Colchiro
Old
Thanks Meter 135
My bad. I didn't review that page before linking to it. Still it's good info.
LG G3, Dell Venue 11 Pro, Dell Venue 8 Pro, HP TouchPad.

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1,570

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEbigSWEEN View Post
Yea I had read that article before, but it doesn't mention what I was talking about with the Recent Apps. Before yesterday hadn't seen any mention of it. Here's what I was talking about (number 4 on the list) http://blogs.computerworld.com/andro...2/lg-g3-tweaks
Funny you mentioned this. I was also browsing around the other day and saw this could be done. Definitely a lot easier to deal with once you resize it.

We're chasing down WakeLocks and killing services and receivers yet had no idea that such a simple thing with Recents could be done lol

- Sent From My G3
The Following User Says Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RED ZMAN
Old
Thanks Meter 300

DONATE TO ME
Thanks for posting this guys, showed me and my wife a few things we hadn't found.

Samsung Galaxy S III Pebble Blue - CM10.1 Masta Mix - TWRP 2.5.0.0
Nexus 7 (In Dashboard) - Timur's USB ROM - CM10.1 Based - TWRP 2.5.0.0
HTC Rezound - Unlocked - NeWts zOnE XxX RLS 3.2.1 - Selling!
HTC Evo View 4g - S-Off CG Rom RC2.2 AOKP
Galaxy Tab 7 2 - CM 10.1 Nightlies
ASUS Transformer - Team EOS 4 (4.2.2) Nightlies - K.A.T. Kernel
Galaxy Tab 7 - 4.1.1 - Sapir Nightlies - Retired
Droid X - CM7 Rev Numbers GB Nightlies - Still works!
G1 - CM6 - Still works!

simollie
Old
Thanks Meter 22
I guess RTFM is way out of fashion. But I still downloaded the manual and put it in my Google Books for bedtime reading.

THEbigSWEEN
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by simollie View Post
I guess RTFM is way out of fashion. But I still downloaded the manual and put it in my Google Books for bedtime reading.
PSH! Who reads the manual?! #PLAY&DISCOVER....(or read about it in an article...)
The Following User Says Thank You to THEbigSWEEN For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

THEbigSWEEN
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac View Post
Funny you mentioned this. I was also browsing around the other day and saw this could be done. Definitely a lot easier to deal with once you resize it.

We're chasing down WakeLocks and killing services and receivers yet had no idea that such a simple thing with Recents could be done lol

- Sent From My G3
Right? Dove in deep to tweaking for awesome battery life and completely missed something so simple right in front of us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED ZMAN View Post
Thanks for posting this guys, showed me and my wife a few things we hadn't found.
That's what's so awesome about smart phones is you can know exactly what you're doing with it but still overlook some neat little trick like this. Glad I could help you out! Plus looks way better once you zoom it in too. Less chaotic lol

samg77
Old
Thanks Meter 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEbigSWEEN View Post
I would like to think I'm pretty well informed. I browse the forums and did my homework before getting my G3, but yesterday I stumbled upon an article (I think it was "7 Things You Need to Know About Your G3") that showed a little trick that I hadn't seen mentioned the whole time I've been reading about the phone. When your Recents Panel is open if you pinch out slightly it will change from the small cluttered screens (I think it's 3x3) to a more zoomed in usable list (2x2) and if you pinch out even more it will go to the single column view!

I figured if I hadn't realized this yet there was bound to be a few others who didn't get the memo as well! (kind of like the hidden plastic tie-fighter on the power/volume buttons) Or if I WAS the only one then disregard my ignorance and have a nice day!
OMG I was wondering why that changed on me, I guess I zoomed in and didn't notice. Was bugging me, thank you!