Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,211 Members 53,151 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[VIDEO GUIDES] How To ROOT, Roms, Recovery, Bootloader Unlock and More!

Tip us?

Jewveeski
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinninbsod View Post
im confused can i get a custom recovery on the verizon lg g3
There's only a Chinese recovery available right now but I'm sure we will here about one being available very soon for our g3s

Galaxynote1234
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 318sugarhill View Post
Here is the instructions I followed way back when to get the SDK on my mac all set up. User xjedi was the one who helped me. I copied this directly from that thread...
I ended up using the new Stump root method, seemed dummy proof and a lot easier. Worked flawlessly and I'm now backing up all the data with titanium backup. Thanks for your help!

gregbradley
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3,937
Thread moved to general section as this is a Guide, not development

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.

318sugarhill
Old
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxynote1234 View Post
I ended up using the new Stump root method, seemed dummy proof and a lot easier. Worked flawlessly and I'm now backing up all the data with titanium backup. Thanks for your help!
Hey no problem. Stump root was just a few days too late for me, but it's definitely worth looking into learning ADB commands on your mac. Try playing with your old phone (if you have it and it's rootable). You'll learn a lot and you never know what root methods will be available in the future. They all start with adb before they get packaged into a nice little app like Stump root.
HTC Incredible (AMOLED) rooted S-off
HTC Rezound unlocked & rooted
Unlocked MDK Rooted Galaxy S4

If it ain't broke....fiddle with it to try to make it better.

Galaxynote1234
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 318sugarhill View Post
Hey no problem. Stump root was just a few days too late for me, but it's definitely worth looking into learning ADB commands on your mac. Try playing with your old phone (if you have it and it's rootable). You'll learn a lot and you never know what root methods will be available in the future. They all start with adb before they get packaged into a nice little app like Stump root.
I have my GS3 that I will experiment on using adb. Doesn't hurt to learn a new method

DroidxRage
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Are the end results from StumpRoot and this IORoot the same?

Any end-of-the-day difference, or pros/cons of doing it one way or the other (besides the task of actually doing it)? (Going back to stock the same, OTA's handled the same, etc)

TIA

owenbeals
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 403
Should be no difference. Stump root is simpler as it's a one click app.

Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA Free mobile app
Daily Driver Galaxy S4, Backup phone Droid RAZR HD Other Backup Phone HTC One... my wife is now rocking my old Galaxy Note 2

For Awesome Android Root Videos, Phone, Accessory, and Rom Reviews check out http://youtube.com/droidmodd3rx

Tags
bootloader unlock, lg g3, recovery, roms, root