VZW LG G3 Wireless Charging Thread

Search This thread

XylerSmith

Jul 26, 2012
I found on there site and talking to a rep it has wireless charging! Verizon only[QRCODE][/QRCODE]

***Thread name changed to better fit the conversations***

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    160.1 KB · Views: 1,966
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    138.2 KB · Views: 1,652
Last edited:

kthung

Apr 25, 2011
Interesting. I'm a bit skeptical of the verizon rep actually knowing what they're talking about, but I hope you're right.

kthung

Apr 25, 2011
Don't know if this means anything but there are no wireless charging battery covers for sale on verizon's website for the LG G3. They do have them for the galaxy note and GS4...

sprintrjm

Nov 18, 2006
Seattle
re

Would be interesting but I have my doubts

Verizon had posted on their site that the Verizon lg g3 did not have a removable battery.. But have later since changed their site to include the correct information..

If verizon is correct then they would be the only one in the usa to offer the phone with the built in qi wireless charging backplate..

i would not get my hopes up.

kthung

Apr 25, 2011
Verizon had posted on their site that the Verizon lg g3 did not have a removable battery.. But have later since changed their site to include the correct information..

If verizon is correct then they would be the only one in the usa to offer the phone with the built in qi wireless charging backplate..

i would not get my hopes up.

Verizon was the only one in the US to give the G2 wireless charging so it's not unprecedented.

simollie

Oct 19, 2008
San Jose
This is interesting. I looked through the Verizon G3 manual and it didn't mention wireless charging at all in the section where it talks about charging. However, at the end in the Safety section it mentioned:

"Instructions for Wireless Charger

Be sure to use a wireless charger that is genuine or compatibility-
certified (by WPC Qi standards).

(Wireless charger is sold separately.)"

Here it didn't say a separate battery cover is needed. If the cover is included, however, why didn't VZW market the hell out of it?

Anyway, I'll keep my expectation low and hope for a nice surprise.

XylerSmith

Jul 26, 2012
Also I found on eBay a verizon back plate and it showed both the NFC and wireless charging connectors all others on eBay have been striped of everything. So this could be the real deal.

kthung

Apr 25, 2011
I contacted Maddigital who has a verizon review unit in the Verizon G3 Thread. He should be able to confirm whether it has the pins for wireless charging.

tehpud

Jul 9, 2014
Houston
Following up on this - I spoke with a VZW representative and he seemed confident that it will have it based on those security guidelines. Maybe you are right. Maybe it's sold separately and comes with a back plate?

XylerSmith

Jul 26, 2012
Following up on this - I spoke with a VZW representative and he seemed confident that it will have it based on those security guidelines. Maybe you are right. Maybe it's sold separately and comes with a back plate?

I think the backplate that comes with it has it build in already and we dont have to get anything but the charger

xgman

Sep 17, 2013
At this late stage, why is it so hard to confirm this? People have had their hands on demo units in Verizon stores even. Someone in a Verizon store please place the phone on a wireless charger and let us know if it reacts? Personally, I seriously doubt it has the charging cover stock. It would be a selling point and they would likely have mentioned it during the pre-ordering.

joeliotta

Oct 29, 2010
Verizon LG G2 was the only one who had wireless charging thus why it had a slightly different design. Perhaps it's the same thing with the G3. It is so hard to confirm because nobody who knows anything about phones has the phone and VZW reps are so darn useless.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

ewk

Aug 27, 2010
I'm going to a Verizon store in about 10 min to see if I can confirm.

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

They didn't have a demo unit. But the rep sent a message and he said they told him it does. But without having the phone he can't confirm. :rolleyes:

dadsterflip

Aug 31, 2010
I'm going to a Verizon store in about 10 min to see if I can confirm.

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

They didn't have a demo unit. But the rep sent a message and he said they told him it does. But without having the phone he can't confirm. :rolleyes:
If it does. It would be cool. I don't have any demo units in my vzw store.

rushless

Jan 16, 2008
Does anybody think Verizon would do this without touting on their website? On top of that, lose all the aftermarket sales that are their biggest margin makers? Really? Nice to dream :)

Last edited:

flaring afro

Jul 11, 2011
Does anybody think Verizon would do this without touting on their website? On top of that, lose all the aftermarket sales that are their biggest margin makers? Really? Nice to dream :)

Other carriers are only making selling the quick circle case which a lot of people will avoid because they don't want the case (and aren't smart enough to rip the qi part out). Verizon could make a lot just off of a $50 wireless charging mat.

But in either the Verizon thread or a wireless charging thread, I'm pretty sure someone was given one to take outside and stuff and they said it didn't hae 4 pins on the back cover. Could have been someone BSing though.

Last edited:
Reactions: rushless

simollie

Oct 19, 2008
San Jose
Just got the shipping notification email from VZW. It includes an item "4G NFC SIM Card". Doesn't that mean the NFC is on the sim? So if the back cover has 2 connectors, could they be for wireless charging?

JasonJoel

Apr 23, 2008
No. That NFC is for Isis/wallet.

The pics published from people that have received the Verizon version of the phone confirms it does NOT have a wireless charging cover.

Case closed now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Question: Will wireless charging work with the quick circle case open? For example I want to be able to use Navigation while the phone is sitting in a wireless charging cradle in my car so if the front cover is folded around back will that cause any problems?

Yes it works

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Other carriers are only making selling the quick circle case which a lot of people will avoid because they don't want the case (and aren't smart enough to rip the qi part out). Verizon could make a lot just off of a $50 wireless charging mat.

But in either the Verizon thread or a wireless charging thread, I'm pretty sure someone was given one to take outside and stuff and they said it didn't hae 4 pins on the back cover. Could have been someone BSing though.
    Hope this helped

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    i got an email saying it was shipped 2 days later an email that the one with the verizon logo one was out of stock, (which i kinda knew would happen since it doesnt exist). they swear it has 4 pins and will work with the verizon variant. said it shipped today, same USPS tracking number as before but doesnt show a package picked up yet.. funny this is coming from CA, but my QI LG charging dock ($48) from Korea is being delivered tomorrow... bought the same day lol
    I got the same exact module from aliexpress.com and it works perfectly.