Mirror G3 to lg tv!

6th September 2014, 05:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 293

1,237 posts
No Chromecast here. Have an apple tv. My tv is an LG 60lm7200. I cannot find a way to wirelessly mirror my phone screen to my TV. Any ideas?
6th September 2014, 06:29 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 18

172 posts
Your lg tv may be miracast ready or there may be a software upgrade to support it. if it does support miracast then all you need to do is go to settings\share &connect\Miracast set to on and search and connect.

if it is not miracast ready you can buy a miracast dongle from amazon and such.

AllCast from clockwork mod in playstore will let you send videos and pics to your airplay device (appletv) but miracast will allow you to send your entire desktop.

I would go down the miracast route.
Last edited by rp201; 6th September 2014 at 07:26 AM.
6th September 2014, 06:45 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 293

1,237 posts
Tv is not miracast capable, smart share app is a place holder. All cast is only local files correct? Looking for live mirroring
6th September 2014, 07:30 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 18

172 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by idkwhothatis123

Tv is not miracast capable, smart share app is a place holder. All cast is only local files correct? Looking for live mirroring

I edited my previous post.

you could go the hardware method using a cable with an hdmi out called a slimport adapter.
6th September 2014, 03:26 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 77

399 posts
We have been having great success and a lot of fun mirroring the G3 to the audio receiver and then on out to the TV via a Chromecast on HDMI.
Popcorn Time !

When I tried that on my Nexus5 it did great for a while then got hot and stopped. No such problem with the G3, strangely.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread