FORUMS

XPrivacy for Android Lollipop – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Have you ever been on the Google Play Store and saw an app that you wanted to … more

How a HTC Droid Eris Changed a Members Life

Rarely can a member say that Android development or XDA had a profound effect on … more

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Battery drain and wakelock detector

5th September 2014, 03:22 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
I took the phone off the charger last night right before I went to bed at 100% and I woke up with 58% battery remaining. I don't understand what happened during the 8 hours I was asleep to now.
I attached 2 pictures from wakelock detector. The first one is CPU wakelock the second one is wake up triggers. Can anyone help me understand what happened?
 
 
5th September 2014, 03:27 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahg725

I took the phone off the charger last night right before I went to bed at 100% and I woke up with 58% battery remaining. I don't understand what happened during the 8 hours I was asleep to now.
I attached 2 pictures from wakelock detector. The first one is CPU wakelock the second one is wake up triggers. Can anyone help me understand what happened?

I had to upload the pictures here because it didn't work on the first post
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wld1.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (246.0 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg wld2.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (241.2 KB, 106 views)
5th September 2014, 04:20 PM |#3  
Mistertac's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,673
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahg725

I had to upload the pictures here because it didn't work on the first post

Are you rooted?? If you are enable advanced Mode in WakeLock Detector then see what's showing up for you.

Or grab Better Battery Stats and post what your Partial WakeLocks and Alarms are.

If I had to guess I'd say maybe it's too do with your WiFi, Location settings, maybe even a rogue app or two but from the screen shots you posted that really doesn't seem to be the case.

- Tapatalked from the G3
5th September 2014, 04:22 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac

Are you rooted?? If you are enable advanced Mode in WakeLock Detector then see what's showing up for you.

Or grab Better Battery Stats and post what your Partial WakeLocks and Alarms are.

If I had to guess I'd say maybe it's too do with your WiFi, Location settings, maybe even a rogue app or two but from the screen shots you posted that really doesn't seem to be the case.

- Tapatalked from the G3

I am rooted and I have installed better battery stats today so I am hoping to get some answers.
5th September 2014, 04:23 PM |#5  
Mistertac's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,673
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahg725

I am rooted and I have installed better battery stats today so I am hoping to get some answers.

Make sure you enable Root Features in BBS .

Then Yea just post your Stats here and it'll be easy to tell.

- Tapatalked from the G3
5th September 2014, 04:24 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac

Make sure you enable Root Features in BBS .

Then Yea just post your Stats here and it'll be easy to tell.

- Tapatalked from the G3

I just did thanks for the heads up didn't notice that I could do that. Oh and advanced mode is enabled in wakelock detector and has been since I downloaded it.
5th September 2014, 04:32 PM |#7  
Mistertac's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,673
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahg725

I just did thanks for the heads up didn't notice that I could do that. Oh and advanced mode is enabled in wakelock detector and has been since I downloaded it.

Well like I said could be a number of things. Just for starters though you could make sure WiFi Always Scanning is turned off and turn off Location when not in use. Could try also use the Xposed Module NipUnBounce to limit your Location based WakeLocks so it's not waking you phone up every minute.

Also if you don't already use Greenify try that.

There's also the WakeLock Terminator app you can get from Play Store if you need it.

Seeing what your a Partial WakeLocks and Alarms are though will really help so take screen shots of those if you can.

- Tapatalked from the G3
5th September 2014, 07:36 PM |#8  
joshm.1219's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,703
 
More
I find keeping my phone turned off all the time has helped battery tremendously
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joshm.1219 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes