Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Bluetooth restarting and eventually crashes (BLE)

OP dr0id99

30th July 2014, 12:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8

32 posts
Donate to Me
More
Wondering if anyone has issues with Bluetooth turning off/on by itself and sometimes it will fully crash requiring a reboot to fix.

Situation 1) I have a Sony smartband (BLE) connected and works perfectly unless I'm near my wife which happens to have a Fitbit (BLE) also. When we are near, bluetooth will turn itself off/on repeatedly and my smartband reports disconnected/connected in notifications drop down (the only reason I actually noticed it though) but will eventually stop turning on/off and stay connected. Now in this situation bluetooth doesn't actually stay crashed requiring a reboot to fix it, however situation 2 does.

Situation 2) Picked up 2 pairs of Soundbeats HV-800 BLE headphones from amazon (one for the wife). When I connect them, bluetooth will turn itself on/off about 8 times in a row and then stop, only way to turn bluetooth back on is to restart the phone. Now if I turn off my smartband, stay out of range of any other BLE devices (wifes fitbit for example) and restart my phone, bluetooth stays on with the headset connected. Within moments of turning my smartband back on though or moving in range of wifes fitbit, bluetooth will start crashing turning on/off again. This also happens at work when I'm around someone with another BLE device.

Here's what I've figured out so far
1) Happens on wifes G3 which is stock and not rooted (mine is rooted) so rooting does not appear to be a cause
2) Happens with Fitbit and Smartband so it does not appear to be the particular device that causes it
3) Happens with both headsets, although with situation 1, the headset is not even relevant.
4) Works fine as long as there is not multiple BLE devices in range after a reboot until more BLE devices come into range
5) These issues don't exist with my Moto G (4.4.4), Moto X (4.4.4), or my Galaxy Nexus (Shiny 4.4.4). Infact just as a test, I linked my smartband, the wife's fitbit, and headset to my Moto G all at the same time and no issues.

With all the above it appears to be specifically related to the quantity of BLE devices the G3 can see for a given amount of time. With that in mind it lead me to thinking it's related to the bug listed HERE but I"m not positive. I did try the Bluetooth Crash Resolver app mentioned and while it does pick up the crashes, it does not fix/resolve them.

Has anyone else ran into this yet and/or found a fix? Unless I'm totally off on thinking it's the 4.4.2 bug, this may just continue to be a problem until 4.4.4 for the G3 is released or a patched upgrade of the current 4.4.2 is put out by LG.

Thoughts?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread