Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,018 Members 45,235 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Call delay

Tip us?

bills742
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default Call delay

Does anyone else experience a random delay when you dial out before you start hearing the ringing? Sometimes almost 15 seconds. It says the call is connected and you can see the seconds counting but there's no ringing on the speaker. It doesn't happen all the time, but it does frequently. I'm rooted in case that makes any difference.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

bills742
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
So no one else has this issue? Sounds like I might restore to stock and see if that fixes it.

sunNsnow
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bills742 View Post
So no one else has this issue? Sounds like I might restore to stock and see if that fixes it.

Yes, I've seen it happen when it's connected by Bluetooth in the car: the car would tell me the phone is disconnected, then the call goes through.

I've also had issues with the Bluetooth headset (Jawbone ERA), where it would be "disconnected". I turned off the power saving mode and checked all Bluetooth settings, and it still does it.

I am rooted but I didn't do anything to it yet.
--
sunNsnow

bills742
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
So only with Bluetooth? I've seen that as well but mine happens without Bluetooth also.

sunNsnow
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bills742 View Post
So only with Bluetooth? I've seen that as well but mine happens without Bluetooth also.

I do most of my calls using Bluetooth, so I didn't notice the other way. I'll have try it.
--
sunNsnow