Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Changing SMS Notification Sound

OP pablomoca

21st August 2014, 06:26 AM   |  #1  
pablomoca's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 11
 
94 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Does anyone know of a way to change the Notification Sound for a contact individually? I know I can change the sound on the SMS app, but all of my contacts will play the same sound when I get a text. This was an issue on the LG G2 for Verizon also. I like the standard messaging app and would rather not install a 3rd party app. Any ideas would be awesome. Thanks.
21st August 2014, 06:30 AM   |  #2  
Anthony825's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
181 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
As far as I'm aware, if you go in to your contacts and click edit or whatever, there should be an option to change the notification sound for that contact specifically. Hope I helped! Let me know if it works for you!
21st August 2014, 06:34 AM   |  #3  
pablomoca's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 11
 
94 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony825

As far as I'm aware, if you go in to your contacts and click edit or whatever, there should be an option to change the notification sound for that contact specifically. Hope I helped! Let me know if it works for you!

The only other option that comes up besides "Ringtone" is "Notification LED". Other than that I cannot find an option to change the notification sound.
21st August 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
314 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablomoca

The only other option that comes up besides "Ringtone" is "Notification LED". Other than that I cannot find an option to change the notification sound.

Go into messaging, not Verizon one, but standard, click on 3 dots in top right corner, clicke settings, notification, 4th one down is notification sound.
21st August 2014, 06:01 PM   |  #5  
pablomoca's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 11
 
94 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shollywood

Go into messaging, not Verizon one, but standard, click on 3 dots in top right corner, clicke settings, notification, 4th one down is notification sound.

Thanks for the reply. I know I can change the notification sound that way, but the problem with that is it will still have the same sound for all contacts. I want to change the SMS sounds on an individual contact bases thanks for the suggestion though.
21st August 2014, 06:57 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablomoca

Does anyone know of a way to change the Notification Sound for a contact individually? I know I can change the sound on the SMS app, but all of my contacts will play the same sound when I get a text. This was an issue on the LG G2 for Verizon also. I like the standard messaging app and would rather not install a 3rd party app. Any ideas would be awesome. Thanks.


The only way is to download a third party app..If you use the verizon one it will let you set up separate ones however when the thread is deleted so is the setting for that person.. Hoping they fix this..
22nd August 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #7  
WhiteEVO's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
363 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablomoca

Does anyone know of a way to change the Notification Sound for a contact individually? I know I can change the sound on the SMS app, but all of my contacts will play the same sound when I get a text. This was an issue on the LG G2 for Verizon also. I like the standard messaging app and would rather not install a 3rd party app. Any ideas would be awesome. Thanks.

contact alert works great.
22nd August 2014, 01:31 AM   |  #8  
pablomoca's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 11
 
94 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteEVO

contact alert works great.

The app rating isn't that great but I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
22nd August 2014, 01:34 AM   |  #9  
WhiteEVO's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43
 
363 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablomoca

The app rating isn't that great but I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

I know, but it worked great for me. I'm using handcent now, more customization.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes