[Q] Changing SMS Notification Sound

OP pablomoca

21st August 2014, 05:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 2

46 posts
More
Does anyone know of a way to change the Notification Sound for a contact individually? I know I can change the sound on the SMS app, but all of my contacts will play the same sound when I get a text. This was an issue on the LG G2 for Verizon also. I like the standard messaging app and would rather not install a 3rd party app. Any ideas would be awesome. Thanks.
21st August 2014, 05:30 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 19

181 posts
More
As far as I'm aware, if you go in to your contacts and click edit or whatever, there should be an option to change the notification sound for that contact specifically. Hope I helped! Let me know if it works for you!
21st August 2014, 05:34 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Los Angeles

46 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony825

As far as I'm aware, if you go in to your contacts and click edit or whatever, there should be an option to change the notification sound for that contact specifically. Hope I helped! Let me know if it works for you!

The only other option that comes up besides "Ringtone" is "Notification LED". Other than that I cannot find an option to change the notification sound.
21st August 2014, 03:40 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 32

297 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablomoca

The only other option that comes up besides "Ringtone" is "Notification LED". Other than that I cannot find an option to change the notification sound.

Go into messaging, not Verizon one, but standard, click on 3 dots in top right corner, clicke settings, notification, 4th one down is notification sound.
21st August 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Los Angeles

46 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shollywood

Go into messaging, not Verizon one, but standard, click on 3 dots in top right corner, clicke settings, notification, 4th one down is notification sound.

Thanks for the reply. I know I can change the notification sound that way, but the problem with that is it will still have the same sound for all contacts. I want to change the SMS sounds on an individual contact bases thanks for the suggestion though.
21st August 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:

Does anyone know of a way to change the Notification Sound for a contact individually? I know I can change the sound on the SMS app, but all of my contacts will play the same sound when I get a text. This was an issue on the LG G2 for Verizon also. I like the standard messaging app and would rather not install a 3rd party app. Any ideas would be awesome. Thanks.

The only way is to download a third party app..If you use the verizon one it will let you set up separate ones however when the thread is deleted so is the setting for that person.. Hoping they fix this..
21st August 2014, 11:59 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 31

291 posts
Quote:

contact alert works great.
22nd August 2014, 12:31 AM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag Los Angeles

46 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteEVO

contact alert works great.

The app rating isn't that great but I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
22nd August 2014, 12:34 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 31

291 posts
Quote:

The app rating isn't that great but I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

I know, but it worked great for me. I'm using handcent now, more customization.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread