Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,211 Members 53,989 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Keyboard Bug?

Tip us?

bpyazel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 52
Default [Q] Keyboard Bug?

Is this a bug with the keyboard software on the LG G3, or some kind of feature? I know it's not my touch screen, because the touches are registering properly through the developer options "show touches". Note: the circle is the location I'm touching that is being displayed by that option. I have to click almost like a whole row lower than what I want. It only does it on the characters that come up with long pressing the period, so I'm thinking software bug? Does your keyboard do this?

tbcpn
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpyazel View Post
Is this a bug with the keyboard software on the LG G3, or some kind of feature? I know it's not my touch screen, because the touches are registering properly through the developer options "show touches". Note: the circle is the location I'm touching that is being displayed by that option. I have to click almost like a whole row lower than what I want. It only does it on the characters that come up with long pressing the period, so I'm thinking software bug? Does your keyboard do this?

Yes, same issue here--drove me nuts...and back to Google Keyboard. Did it on the symbols pop up, and bad on numbers row, as well. Too bad, and I sort of liked the layout. But, Google Keyboard is still my go-to keyboard app.
Dinc-->DX-->T-Bolt-->Razr-->GNex LTE-->Razr MAXX HD-->VZW Galaxy S4-->VZW Note 3-->VZW LG G3 / Nexus7 v2

chocolate8175
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Yeah, I had a similar experience. I switched before I could really care too much though, I usually bounce between Swiftkey and the Google keyboard. The goggle keyboard, android L preview edition is my go-to as a daily
Verizon Samsung Galaxy SIII
Tags
keyboard bug, lg g3