By Guest., Junior Member on 11th July 2014, 05:23 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
17th July 2015, 11:06 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 4,374

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrift

I am rooted. I think I'll just sit tight and pass on this latest OTA, doesn't seem like
if fixed that many things.

Well latest ota (technically for my country is 20i but I use 20p anyway

Not sure what differs since logs are horrible lol

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

20th July 2015, 03:20 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Will this hack work on sprint? I'm using cloudyg3 1.2

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Free mobile app
13th August 2015, 01:49 AM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up
I posted that I got a script-based method to work on my VS985 running Lollipop 24B. I had just bought the phone refurbished and it was running KitKat. It immediately downloaded Lollipop and when it was finished it was at 24B. Not sure what else could cause it to fail for others, but thought you should know about it since you appear to be very knowledgeable on this subject. I just wish there was a hotspot provisioning hack for 24B. I'm sure it will come, but I could really use it if you know who does those.

I'll have to wait until the next update to test OTA survival mode, but I read somewhere that LG devices won't do them if they've been "Modified".

Thanks for all you do!
Bruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT

Starting with the 23A / 23B / 23C leaks and the final 23C_01 OTA, no one could keep root going from 12B to 23. Either that or trying to update would just not work, I forget which. 23C_01 to 24B_01 is the same way. More likely LG changed it. They try to squash the loopholes - that's not specific to Verizon.

Plus SuperSU doesn't appear to have an OTA survival mode under official LG Lollipop.

14th August 2015, 12:48 PM |#104  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 2,608

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bascherz

[URL=" posted that I got a script-based method to work[/URL] on my VS985 running Lollipop 24B. I had just bought the phone refurbished and it was running KitKat. It immediately downloaded Lollipop and when it was finished it was at 24B. Not sure what else could cause it to fail for others, but thought you should know about it since you appear to be very knowledgeable on this subject. I just wish there was a hotspot provisioning hack for 24B. I'm sure it will come, but I could really use it if you know who does those.

I'll have to wait until the next update to test OTA survival mode, but I read somewhere that LG devices won't do them if they've been "Modified".

Thanks for all you do!
Bruce

That's correct, you most definitely won't be able to even take an OTA once your status is Modified. Even if you unroot your system partition will be recognized as having previously been modified, and the OTA will fail at best, and at worst you'll be soft bricked and have to delete the OTA files or just flash a stock KDZ.
14th August 2015, 12:57 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Smile
Well, I suspect the G3 at Lollipop 24B may not get any more OTA updates anyway. And I don't care much either since I like this version and it seems very stable. Even if one does come out, I know the update will eventually be available for manual installation.

Thanks again,
Bruce
Last edited by bascherz; 14th August 2015 at 12:58 PM. Reason: mistyped version
14th August 2015, 01:03 PM |#106  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 2,608

More
Quote:

I just wish there was a hotspot provisioning hack for 24B. I'm sure it will come, but I could really use it if you know who does those.Thanks for all you do!
Bruce

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=14. Don't know if it works equally for you, but just thought I'd share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT

Do you have your bluetooth on at the time? If so try turning it off. Someone else reported that their WIFI speeds are slow until they turn bluetooth off. Could be the same with hotspot.

Quote:

Wow, that certainly DOES make a difference. Speedtest.net computed 50/10 dn/up speeds. Never had that issue with the G2 and I leave my BT on all the time. No big deal leaving it off when I need a hotspot as I would never use BT in that situation anyway. Thanks for the tip.

As a result of your cleverness I can hereby claim that the hotspot provisioning hack for L3 G3 VS985 Lollipop 23B works fine on 24B.

Cheers my friend! And thanks again!

Bruce

Quote:

Well, I suspect the G3 at Lollipop 24B may not get any more OTA updates anyway. And I don't care much either since I like this version and it seems very stable. Even if one does come out, I know the update will eventually be available for manual installation.

Thanks again,
Bruce

You're very welcome! Cheers!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
hotspot, verizon, verizon hotspot hack, vs985 hotspot

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)