XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Google Wallet TTP?

Tip us?

sentry_mode_activated
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q] Google Wallet TTP?

I'm about to buy the VZW G3. This might be a dumb question, but can anyone confirm whether or not tap to pay in Google Wallet works on the device?

redone0505
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I have it installed and activated TTP but haven't tried it out yet. Hopefully today I'll have chance to test it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentry_mode_activated View Post
I'm about to buy the VZW G3. This might be a dumb question, but can anyone confirm whether or not tap to pay in Google Wallet works on the device?
The Following User Says Thank You to redone0505 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

burkett375
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Yes works fine.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to burkett375 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

d.johnson3233
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Worked like a charm at Walgreen's.

Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA Free mobile app

Sailrace
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Worked flawlessly at Whole Foods. The cashier looked at me like i was crazy and said "How did you do that?"

annoyingduck
Old
Thanks Meter 1,143
For future reference, any phone/device with stock kk + nfc, Google wallet t&p will work. It can no longer be blocked by a manufacturer or carrier.
I try my best to help where I can. If I helped you, please click "Thanks" button.
The Following User Says Thank You to annoyingduck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scy1192
Old
Thanks Meter 173
tried it out once but didn't work (app and cash register gave an error), probably just a fluke

sentry_mode_activated
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Thanks for the responses guys. Yeah I wasn't sure because I came from a Galaxy S3 with CM 11 and there was a point where it just stopped working no matter what I threw at it. Worked fine for several months before that too. Wasn't sure if it was due to a restriction on the model, carrier or who knows what. About to try it out myself with the G3 today
The Following User Says Thank You to sentry_mode_activated For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tech_head
Old
Thanks Meter 295
Quote:
Thanks for the responses guys. Yeah I wasn't sure because I came from a Galaxy S3 with CM 11 and there was a point where it just stopped working no matter what I threw at it. Worked fine for several months before that too. Wasn't sure if it was due to a restriction on the model, carrier or who knows what. About to try it out myself with the G3 today
Working great on my rooted G3.
Worked fine on my Galaxy S4 until Google removed support for everything that was not on KitKat.
So if at any point you were not on KitKat, support would have gone away.
I forgot the cutoff date for Wallet support for pre-KitKat releases.

sentry_mode_activated
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_head View Post
Working great on my rooted G3.
Worked fine on my Galaxy S4 until Google removed support for everything that was not on KitKat.
So if at any point you were not on KitKat, support would have gone away.
I forgot the cutoff date for Wallet support for pre-KitKat releases.
What was weird was that I was running the latest version of KitKat for quite some time and TTP never seemed to work. Wallet would show it as available but it never actually worked at terminals. Not sure why it stopped working, but I do know that other people had the same problem with the GS3. Just glad to be done with whatever incompatibility or blocking that was and on to a much better phone

The Following User Says Thank You to sentry_mode_activated For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]