Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

isis

OP ericsmart

22nd August 2014, 01:45 AM   |  #1  
ericsmart's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 118
 
356 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
any way to make Isis work since it won't work on rooted phone or other options?
22nd August 2014, 02:03 AM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
64 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Someone may eventually come up with a workaround but I'd just use google wallet, it's better anyhow.
22nd August 2014, 03:37 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 105
 
536 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
When I got my g3 at the Verizon store, the usually pretty knowledgeable sales guy told me I needed a new sim for the g3, that my old vgnexus 4gLTE sim would work (yes, it did) but with that old sim in I would NOT have any NFC at all. No google wallet, no Isis, no bump to share, Nada. He said that is because the new sim enabled NFC on the Verizon LG G3.

He also said I would need ISIS, since it was going to succeed where Wallet had obviously failed. Hard to like Verizon, isn't it...but that unlimited grandfathered data...sigh.
22nd August 2014, 04:26 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
133 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
I'm still using my SIM from my galaxy nexus and I have used Google wallet many times with my g3.

I'm pretty sure with wants goin on in Iraq Isis will be getting a new name soon.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
22nd August 2014, 04:45 AM   |  #5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
64 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by trent999

When I got my g3 at the Verizon store, the usually pretty knowledgeable sales guy told me I needed a new sim for the g3, that my old vgnexus 4gLTE sim would work (yes, it did) but with that old sim in I would NOT have any NFC at all. No google wallet, no Isis, no bump to share, Nada. He said that is because the new sim enabled NFC on the Verizon LG G3.

He also said I would need ISIS, since it was going to succeed where Wallet had obviously failed. Hard to like Verizon, isn't it...but that unlimited grandfathered data...sigh.

I can believe that a new sim needed for NFC to access the Secure Element, but standard NFC should work independent of the the sim (at least it did on my galaxy s3). Wallet only "failed" because all major carriers, save for Sprint, locked them out of the Secure Element to begin with. NFC Host Card Emulation, introduced in KitKat, solves this problem and permits Wallet to work on any phone with KitKat and NFC. Even if ISIS worked on rooted devices, I would not use it because of the dirty tactics it was born from.
The Following User Says Thank You to bobcat987 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsmart

any way to make Isis work since it won't work on rooted phone or other options?

Isis works if you install xposed with root cloak module.
The Following User Says Thank You to rmcomer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2014, 04:52 AM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 105
 
536 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Same here. I have no intention of ever running ISIS or whatever they change the name to. I use Google Wallet routinely and prefer merchants that accept it, including gas stations.
Works with all my Nexus devices, even the old Verizon Galaxy Nexuses once they are upgraded to KitKat via Roms like CM or Vanir.
22nd August 2014, 04:55 AM   |  #8  
ericsmart's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 118
 
356 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
root cloak then it is!
work like charm.
Last edited by ericsmart; 22nd August 2014 at 05:27 AM.
22nd August 2014, 05:58 AM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Flag Ithaca
Thanks Meter: 32
 
145 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsmart

root cloak then it is!
work like charm.

Yep, RootCloak is awesome. I personally use Google Wallet, except on small purchases since ISIS is doing the "spend $1, get $1 back" promotion until the end of December now. So a $1 drink at McDonald's ends up costing me $.08 (NY sales tax) haha.
The Following User Says Thank You to tom1226 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2014, 06:02 AM   |  #10  
ericsmart's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 118
 
356 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1226

Yep, RootCloak is awesome. I personally use Google Wallet, except on small purchases since ISIS is doing the "spend $1, get $1 back" promotion until the end of December now. So a $1 drink at McDonald's ends up costing me $.08 (NY sales tax) haha.

right, we are cheap :sly:

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes