[Q] Launching Google Now only brings up voice search now

Search This thread

droidkevlar

Mar 27, 2010
So before, when I would swipe up to Google Now (Google Search), it would bring up my cards and show me everything and if I wanted to, do a Ok Google to do a search. Now when I do that, it only brings up voice search, meaning talk or type what Im searching for. I went back to a previous version and it worked fine. Upgraded and did the same thing. If I launch the app directly from the app drawer, it brings up my cards like its supposed to. Any ideas? I am running Jasmine 4.0.

Thanks.

jmart518

Mar 30, 2009
Albuquerque
So before, when I would swipe up to Google Now (Google Search), it would bring up my cards and show me everything and if I wanted to, do a Ok Google to do a search. Now when I do that, it only brings up voice search, meaning talk or type what Im searching for. I went back to a previous version and it worked fine. Upgraded and did the same thing. If I launch the app directly from the app drawer, it brings up my cards like its supposed to. Any ideas? I am running Jasmine 4.0.

Thanks.

This is what I did to fix it:
-Swipe right and select Settings
-Select Now cards
-Delete card preferences, Delete
-Press Back
-Accounts & privacy
-Google Account
-Sign out
-Sign back in and it will now prompt you to use Now cards

droidkevlar

Mar 27, 2010
This is what I did to fix it:
-Swipe right and select Settings
-Select Now cards
-Delete card preferences, Delete
-Press Back
-Accounts & privacy
-Google Account
-Sign out
-Sign back in and it will now prompt you to use Now cards
This doesnt fix the issue. I can get to cards but when I quick launch the app its just voice search still.

jfriend33

Oct 7, 2010
Illinois
This doesnt fix the issue. I can get to cards but when I quick launch the app its just voice search still.
Sounds like somehow the default got selected to something else. Can you go to settings, apps, menu button, reset app preferences and then Swipe up, select Google now and always.

Sent from my LG-VS985 adorned w/ Illusion ROM :)

droidkevlar

Mar 27, 2010
Sounds like somehow the default got selected to something else. Can you go to settings, apps, menu button, reset app preferences and then Swipe up, select Google now and always.

Sent from my LG-VS985 adorned w/ Illusion ROM :)

Thanks tried that and no avail. Works once then happens all over again.

Think it might have to do with the Xposed module Im using for it. Saw another person in the G3 Toolbox say they were having same issue. Just not seen a fix yet.