Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,941 Members 38,711 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG Health App accuracy?

Tip us?

tu3218
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 255
Default LG Health App accuracy?

Anyone using this app a lot and have any opinions on it? Wondering what everyone's opinions are as far as accuracy. I'm thinking it's not too accurate so was thinking about disabling it but not sure. Don't have a pedometer to compared it to.

digitallure
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Haven't been able to tell since it starts automatically instead of when you want to start it. But I think like most pedometers, it gives a close approximate. As far as a calorie counter, it's not accurate

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Verizon LG G3
Google Nexus 7
Canon 5D
Canon 30D

XXchocolatetouchXX
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I have been using it for a couple weeks, and it seems the tracker always running isn't too accurate (sometimes says im running because I walk fast) but I feel the measured run/walk works good. At least for walk. The gps tracking is great and the time/distance is nice too. Probably not the best app out there but it suits my needs and I feel it does a good enough job.

rcchusid
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I tried walking around and counting my steps for a short time and it wasn't all that accurate. A better test might be if someone wants to used a good quality pedometer for an extended period and compare it to the LG.

Another problem is that many people put their phone down somewhere for part of the day and therefore the daily counts might miss a a significant number of steps.

I wound up deactivating mine.

tu3218
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 255
Yeah I'll probably just end up deactivating mine as well.