Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Netflix audio out of sync.

OP adam135486

9th August 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
My Netflix audio has been out of sync since I first got my G3. My network is fine as Netflix works perfectly on PC, iOS devices, Chrome casts etc. The audio seems about 1 second behind the video. Anyone have a solution or have the same problem?

Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA Free mobile app
9th August 2014, 11:51 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 40

69 posts
I typically watch on my chromecast, but the few times I have watched on the phone everything has looked good. If you're running ART try switching back to Dalvik. Other than that, try the typical force stop/restart on the netflix app and then a full on reboot. If it's still laggy then I'm out of ideas.
10th August 2014, 12:16 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately I've tried all or them. So far
I'll update if u get it fixed. (and yeah casting is fine for me with my phone because it isn't really my phone doing the playback but rather the actual chromecast)

Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA Free mobile app
26th November 2014, 03:44 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

1 posts
I have been getting the same problem
Maybe its because the image quality is much better than on most other devices that its arriving slower than the audio? That's my best guess. Its not super annoying, the delay is small enough that if you don't pay attention to who is speaking then you cant really tell. But it is noticeable. And if there is a fix that would be awesome.
The Following User Says Thank You to kaizzer123 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd December 2014, 02:01 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 34

215 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizzer123

Maybe its because the image quality is much better than on most other devices that its arriving slower than the audio? That's my best guess. Its not super annoying, the delay is small enough that if you don't pay attention to who is speaking then you cant really tell. But it is noticeable. And if there is a fix that would be awesome.

I have this problem too. Tried downgrading Netflix but no luck. Tried different Roms too and nothing. It's pretty annoying. Funny thing is I don't have these issues with video players or videos streaming from YouTube.
14th December 2014, 08:53 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 37

464 posts
Just found this thread researching this issue. Just got my G3 yesterday day. Everything is still on stock. Anyone notice if other video apps suffer the same problem? I ask because to me it feels like video generally looks a bit like overprocessed motion-interpolated modern tv sets. And if the g3 uses stuff like that it might be related...
Last edited by gotjazz; 14th December 2014 at 11:27 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread