Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet Gets Android 5.0.1, OTA Available

The NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet is the latest Android-powered device released by famed GPU … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Pictures on SD card glitch

OP Rippley05

20th July 2014, 05:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 547

4,125 posts
So I put my SD card from my s5 in my g3 and every so often I'll open my gallery and find some are corrupted. I thought it was only happening to the s5 pix, but now I think it's happening to g3 pix.

Anyone else? Should I just format?

Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1405871454146.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	2861522  
20th July 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 159

825 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippley05

So I put my SD card from my s5 in my g3 and every so often I'll open my gallery and find some are corrupted. I thought it was only happening to the s5 pix, but now I think it's happening to g3 pix.

Anyone else? Should I just format?

Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yep, same issue. I formatted sd card in the phone and no issues since.
The Following User Says Thank You to droidrev71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st July 2014, 04:18 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 102

341 posts
More
How do you format a card in the phone?

I told the g3 to erase card, but couldn't find an option to have it format. Ive been able to load music to it, and it seems to play fine, just curious if there's something else I should do. My card is a Samsung Pro 64GB.
Last edited by markfm; 21st July 2014 at 06:19 PM.
25th July 2014, 05:08 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 2,214

3,337 posts
Donate to Me
More
This is happening on my mother's LG G3 from T-Mobile. Glad to know I'm not the only one affected by this. So if the pictures aren't saved to SD card it won't corrupt?
26th July 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #5  
Flag Tallahassee, Florida
Thanks Meter: 123

858 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markfm

How do you format a card in the phone?

I told the g3 to erase card, but couldn't find an option to have it format. Ive been able to load music to it, and it seems to play fine, just curious if there's something else I should do. My card is a Samsung Pro 64GB.

I'm going to bump this because I've always had the option to format the microSD card in all of my other phones. Did they just rename it, or did Verizon have that pulled on their version?
11th October 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #6  
Info 2 Youre not the only one!
Youre not the only one!! I have the white AT&T version, and it does that most of the time! I don't think it's the SD's fault cuz it works fine on my S5 and i even reformatted it. I believe it's on LG's fault... Mine overheats so much also...
11th October 2014, 05:01 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 88

147 posts
More
Same issue here. I tried a few sd card access apps/xposed mod but none seemed to work.
After a reformat everything was OK. Its definitely a pain though.
18th November 2014, 08:55 PM   |  #8  
Flag Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 9

87 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm sure this is an old thread, but I just thought I would chime in with the corruption issue, even after a reformat of the card.
I've seen other threads where the card itself was suspect based on its price (~$10 on Amazon vs. cards that were in the mid $40+ range) which would make the card suspect as far as quality/storage/etc., but wouldn't the corruption issue have also been present when the card was in my Verizon Galaxy S3? I currently have the black Sprint LG G3, and before this, I had the white Verizon LG G3, but the pictures were corrupting on both G3 models, regardless of carrier.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread