Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,468 Members 38,065 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Prepaid Providers

Tip us?

DBordello
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Prepaid Providers

I am considering purchasing the Verizon LG G3.

I am currently with Straight Talk with $45/month for unlimited everything (basically 3GB of Data).

What potential prepaid providers work with the Verizon LG G3? Would straight talk activate it? Does Page Plus offer LTE? The Verizon Edge $50/mo for 2GB is tempting.

Thoughts?

kutster
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Straight talk will not activate Verizon LTE phones. I believe Verizon told them to stop after a few months of doing it. I think you can use Page Plus but personally I like my roaming while prepaid doesn't.

trent999
Old
Thanks Meter 73
T-Mobile 5gig 100 min $30 SIM and AIO/cricket Smart SIM both work.

NetworkingPro
Old
(Last edited by NetworkingPro; 23rd August 2014 at 08:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 60
I noticed in QPST that this phone has all of the bands enabled... So could you put an AT&T SIM in it and use it as well?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	64
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	2908739  

oskeei
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkingPro View Post
I noticed in QPST that this phone has all of the bands enabled... So could you put an AT&T SIM in it and use it as well?
Yes it will work, doing that exactly on my Verizon G3. Just need to input the APN manually. Get full 4g/LTE.

On a related note, I would recommend Cricket (ATT network) as it's cheaper especially if you have multiple lines.

NetworkingPro
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by oskeei View Post
Yes it will work, doing that exactly on my Verizon G3. Just need to input the APN manually. Get full 4g/LTE.

On a related note, I would recommend Cricket (ATT network) as it's cheaper especially if you have multiple lines.
Nice, Ill keep that in mind! I have VZW with unlimited talk, text, and data right now, so I dont expect Ill be going anywhere.. lol