Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

[Q] Prepaid Providers

OP DBordello

20th August 2014, 09:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

39 posts
I am considering purchasing the Verizon LG G3.

I am currently with Straight Talk with $45/month for unlimited everything (basically 3GB of Data).

What potential prepaid providers work with the Verizon LG G3? Would straight talk activate it? Does Page Plus offer LTE? The Verizon Edge $50/mo for 2GB is tempting.

Thoughts?
21st August 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 7

60 posts
More
Straight talk will not activate Verizon LTE phones. I believe Verizon told them to stop after a few months of doing it. I think you can use Page Plus but personally I like my roaming while prepaid doesn't.
21st August 2014, 03:04 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 81

428 posts
T-Mobile 5gig 100 min $30 SIM and AIO/cricket Smart SIM both work.
23rd August 2014, 07:43 AM   |  #4  
Flag Central US
Thanks Meter: 76

136 posts
More
I noticed in QPST that this phone has all of the bands enabled... So could you put an AT&T SIM in it and use it as well?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	66
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	2908739  
Last edited by NetworkingPro; 23rd August 2014 at 08:38 AM.
23rd August 2014, 01:23 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetworkingPro

I noticed in QPST that this phone has all of the bands enabled... So could you put an AT&T SIM in it and use it as well?

Yes it will work, doing that exactly on my Verizon G3. Just need to input the APN manually. Get full 4g/LTE.

On a related note, I would recommend Cricket (ATT network) as it's cheaper especially if you have multiple lines.
23rd August 2014, 07:39 PM   |  #6  
Flag Central US
Thanks Meter: 76

136 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oskeei

Yes it will work, doing that exactly on my Verizon G3. Just need to input the APN manually. Get full 4g/LTE.

On a related note, I would recommend Cricket (ATT network) as it's cheaper especially if you have multiple lines.

Nice, Ill keep that in mind! I have VZW with unlimited talk, text, and data right now, so I dont expect Ill be going anywhere.. lol
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread