Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

Quick question

OP mikelikesbikes

29th August 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69

242 posts
I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to get rid of the 4g lte symbol when using Wi-Fi? I didn't know if there was a hidden setting I haven't found yet or maybe some sort of exposed module. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA Free mobile app
29th August 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 208

424 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelikesbikes

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to get rid of the 4g lte symbol when using Wi-Fi? I didn't know if there was a hidden setting I haven't found yet or maybe some sort of exposed module. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

I want to say that if you freeze LG Intelligent Agent and/or LIA Informant that it stops both icons from showing up at the same time. If you look in the Battery Life thread in General (from Mistertac) or check my post history for that thread I'm pretty sure it was one of both of those that did it and that they are used for Wi-Fi calling if I remember correctly.
The Following User Says Thank You to THEbigSWEEN For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th August 2014, 11:29 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69

242 posts
Thanks man, I'm at work at the moment, but I'll give it a look later. I tried googling it to no avail. I know it's minor, but having both clogs up the ole notification bar. Thanks again.

30th August 2014, 12:02 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 208

424 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks man, I'm at work at the moment, but I'll give it a look later. I tried googling it to no avail. I know it's minor, but having both clogs up the ole notification bar. Thanks again.

No problem! It bothered me too. Like you said, that's just wasted space. I double checked and I think it's actually the "Caller Name ID" that when you freeze it it fixes this. It was listed as a "side effect" but definitely a FIX as far as I'm concerned!
30th August 2014, 04:59 PM   |  #5  
Flag Manchester, NH
Thanks Meter: 68

204 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEbigSWEEN

No problem! It bothered me too. Like you said, that's just wasted space. I double checked and I think it's actually the "Caller Name ID" that when you freeze it it fixes this. It was listed as a "side effect" but definitely a FIX as far as I'm concerned!

I scrolled through everything in Titanium and I am not finding "Caller Name ID", any ideas? Thanks
30th August 2014, 07:08 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 268

2,565 posts
I found Caller Name ID, disabled it but still have both wifi and 4G icons showing. Any ideas?
30th August 2014, 11:15 PM   |  #7  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 311

1,041 posts
More
Quote:

Xposed will do it with the G3 Tweakbox.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread