Request - bootanimation.zip from Verizon G3

Tip us?

marlowe310
Old
(Last edited by marlowe310; 9th August 2014 at 07:43 AM.) Reason: more info
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default Request - bootanimation.zip from Verizon G3

EDIT: Found the original bootanimation file in a different thread -- but when I replaced it back in the system/media folder (checking to make sure permissions were set to 0644), it still doesn't work. I'm now officially confused -- any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys -- I tried to change the boot animation with Rom Toolbox but something appears to have gone kablooey. Still boots, no issues there -- just no animation. I've tried restoring the back up I made with RT -- no dice. Also tried putting a manual backup copy of the zip I'd made in the system/media folder, changed the permissions to 644, and rebooted -- also no dice.

Can some kind soul upload the original bootanimation.zip so I can try that one out?

Alternately, if anyone has had any success changing the stock bootanimation -- any idea what I might be doing wrong? Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks much.

bunchies
Old
Thanks Meter 616

DONATE TO ME
Wall of text so I'm just gunna post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...79&postcount=3

Bootanimation needs rw-r--r--

Custom animations is recommended to match resolution of the display

\(^-^)/ ... * ROOTED * ... \(^-^)/
Check out my apps

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1,606

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlowe310 View Post
EDIT: Found the original bootanimation file in a different thread -- but when I replaced it back in the system/media folder (checking to make sure permissions were set to 0644), it still doesn't work. I'm now officially confused -- any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys -- I tried to change the boot animation with Rom Toolbox but something appears to have gone kablooey. Still boots, no issues there -- just no animation. I've tried restoring the back up I made with RT -- no dice. Also tried putting a manual backup copy of the zip I'd made in the system/media folder, changed the permissions to 644, and rebooted -- also no dice.

Can some kind soul upload the original bootanimation.zip so I can try that one out?

Alternately, if anyone has had any success changing the stock bootanimation -- any idea what I might be doing wrong? Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks much.
I've been using the ones found here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2814467

Nice an easy just renaming the original with a .bak extension, then making sure the permissions are RW-R-R

- Tapatalked from the G3

marlowe310
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac View Post
I've been using the ones found here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2814467

Nice an easy just renaming the original with a .bak extension, then making sure the permissions are RW-R-R

- Tapatalked from the G3
Thanks for the idea -- I went ahead and tried the ones in that thread, but I can't get anything up and running. Has anyone managed to change the VZW models' bootanimation successfully? If so, I'd love to get a walkthrough of what they did to actually get it running.

But frankly at this point, I'd just love to get ANY animation up and running.

Last question -- would reflashing the entire phone via the TOT method restore the bootanimation? Because frankly I'm willing to.

Mistertac
Old
(Last edited by Mistertac; 10th August 2014 at 04:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1,606

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks for the idea -- I went ahead and tried the ones in that thread, but I can't get anything up and running. Has anyone managed to change the VZW models' bootanimation successfully? If so, I'd love to get a walkthrough of what they did to actually get it running.

But frankly at this point, I'd just love to get ANY animation up and running.

Last question -- would reflashing the entire phone via the TOT method restore the bootanimation? Because frankly I'm willing to.
Yea I'm on a Verizon G3
I simply downloaded the one I liked from that thread. Then with ES File Explorer I enabled Root Explorer then I mounted System RW

Then I went and renamed the stock one in /System/Media To BootAnimation.bak
Then I just pasted the downloaded one into that same folder and made sure it's permissions were RW-R-R

Worked just fine, you doing it that way??

- Tapatalked from the G3

marlowe310
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
That's exactly what I did, except I used FX File Explorer instead of Root Explorer. I also just tried it with RE, no dice either. I am MOST confused.

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1,606

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
That's exactly what I did, except I used FX File Explorer instead of Root Explorer. I also just tried it with RE, no dice either. I am MOST confused.
Hmmmm you tried ES ? And just curious what SuperUser are you using. I use SuperSu

- Tapatalked from the G3

marlowe310
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac View Post
Hmmmm you tried ES ? And just curious what SuperUser are you using. I use SuperSu

- Tapatalked from the G3
Haven't yet tried ES, but I also use SuperSu.