[Q] Can I roll back Software VS98511C to 11B? No Root?

Search This thread

wutangkillabee

Jun 22, 2014
Martinez
If possible can someone point me in the right direction...? Ive read you can roll back but I can only find threads with explinations for rooted phones & my luck being the way it is got the G3 on the day the came out with 11C. Thanx in advance everyone & appreciate all the time put into this site :)

wutangkillabee

Jun 22, 2014
Martinez
Either the kdz or tot approaches.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2928140

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2832488

Note that these approaches use different flash tools, and you have to be careful to use the right drivers in your PC.

Once you return to 10b, you may want to root and turn off System Updates. There are some rumblings that lg may make it difficult in the future.

Thanx for your response, I found the thread on how to disable OTA's.. This is a noob question but after I roll back then root, do I need to install Bump!...? N do I have to unlock bootloader? If I no, would I need to unlock it to install G3 Xposed? I want to theme my G3 n having Verizon they went as far as taking out the ****ing Theme option but I got it anaways but u cant do anything really. Once I get a lil more experienced at this whole root thing I want to install custom roms n all that but unfortunalty I dont feel comfortable going that far yet & I just got this phone and dont have money to **** it up yet :silly:

Thanx for any help with this, its greatly appreciated & if theres a thread that woud explain the steps I would need to take and any additional details on them that would be great to get a link

BladeRunner

Jan 15, 2012
Thanx for your response, I found the thread on how to disable OTA's.. This is a noob question but after I roll back then root, do I need to install Bump!...? N do I have to unlock bootloader? If I no, would I need to unlock it to install G3 Xposed? I want to theme my G3 n having Verizon they went as far as taking out the ****ing Theme option but I got it anaways but u cant do anything really. Once I get a lil more experienced at this whole root thing I want to install custom roms n all that but unfortunalty I dont feel comfortable going that far yet & I just got this phone and dont have money to **** it up yet :silly:

Thanx for any help with this, its greatly appreciated & if theres a thread that woud explain the steps I would need to take and any additional details on them that would be great to get a link

You only need root for exposed. 'Bump'ing the bootloader allows you to install a custom recovery so you can flash ROMs and kernels, make nandroid backups, etc.