Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,313 Members 49,351 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen-Off effect

Tip us?

jkforce
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Default Screen-Off effect

Ok so I bought the LG g3 yesterday and I am loving it. The screen is gorgeous without any complaint.

I loved the screen-off effect from knock-on and I have the Black hole effect. However, it worked right after I bought the phone, but I changed some settings here and there now screen goes on and off with knock-on, but it does not give the screen off effect.

Does anyone have the same issue?

simollie
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Does your Settings->Display->Screen-off effect still show "Retro TV"?

jkforce
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by simollie View Post
Does your Settings->Display->Screen-off effect still show "Retro TV"?
No, it shows as Black hole effect becuase that is what I had. But I can switch to Retro TV, but it still doesn't change anything.

DylanMk2
Old
(Last edited by DylanMk2; 25th July 2014 at 11:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Bump, sprint user here with the same issue. I'm using art as my runtime and a few other dev settings, tried rebooting and switching the screen off settings back and forth with no luck. I'll switch back to dalvik and try again just as a wild guess...[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 AM ----------

Switched runtimes, powered off after optimization and no luck...

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1,555

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkforce View Post
Ok so I bought the LG g3 yesterday and I am loving it. The screen is gorgeous without any complaint.

I loved the screen-off effect from knock-on and I have the Black hole effect. However, it worked right after I bought the phone, but I changed some settings here and there now screen goes on and off with knock-on, but it does not give the screen off effect.

Does anyone have the same issue?
Did you guys happen to change any of your Animation Scales in Dev Options? That i think can do it and possibly ART may screw with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanMk2 View Post
Bump, sprint user here with the same issue. I'm using art as my runtime and a few other dev settings, tried rebooting and switching the screen off settings back and forth with no luck. I'll switch back to dalvik and try again just as a wild guess...

---------- Post added at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 AM ----------

Bump, sprint user here with the same issue. I'm using art as my runtime and a few other dev settings, tried rebooting and switching the screen off settings back and forth with no luck. I'll switch back to dalvik and try again just as a wild guess...
Switched runtimes, powered off after optimization and no luck...

- Sent From My G3
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mistertac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DylanMk2
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Confirmed, animations set to .5 powered down and reset the screen off animation setting. Don't know if all that was necessary beyond the animations but its working again. Thanks for the help
The Following User Says Thank You to DylanMk2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]