XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen less responsive with glass screen protector

Tip us?

dmystic1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Screen less responsive with glass screen protector

Well I put a bodyguardz pure glass screen protector on my phone and now screen taps don't register a lot of the times, especially at the edges. Anyone else with this issue?

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1,604

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmystic1 View Post
Well I put a bodyguardz pure glass screen protector on my phone and now screen taps don't register a lot of the times, especially at the edges. Anyone else with this issue?
This is a known issue with the glass protectors and our phone and I'd imagine other phones as well.

Fortunately mine is great and I haven't had this issue really at all. Mine is a Zagg. Maybe look into one of those or at least one that's thinner.

tech_head
Old
Thanks Meter 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac View Post
This is a known issue with the glass protectors and our phone and I'd imagine other phones as well.

Fortunately mine is great and I haven't had this issue really at all. Mine is a Zagg. Maybe look into one of those or at least one that's thinner.
It's going to be dependent on the screen protector.
I have one of the cheap ones (~6.00 eBay) and never have an issue. -> http://www.ebay.com/itm/131240105653...84.m1423.l2649

Since they were cheap and good, I bought two additional.
The Following User Says Thank You to tech_head For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dmystic1
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I have been reading around and many are having issues with Bodyguardz. I reached out them and they say they have not had one complaint and insist it is not caused by the protector but a firmware problem, and pretty much get lost.