Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
1st August 2014, 12:31 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 354

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phobos512

Anyone wandering around with 32GB-64GB-128GB of data in their pocket without it being backed up is just asking for trouble. Historically, microSD cards are not that reliable.

My 128GB card was backed up but I had a few pictures and stuff that I had taken recently that weren't.
I got most of the new content back. The old stuff was backed up anyway.
I agree with you.
It's a computer. A microSD is a removable flash drive. BACK IT UP!!!!

13th August 2014, 10:56 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_head

I was able to get quite a bit off, several thousand.
What software are you using?

I'm using photorec -< http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec

I was able to recover 90 or 95% of all my pics and videos. I used MiniTool Power Data Recovery 6.8.
10th August 2015, 11:49 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
i've been encountering corruption problems with my sd cards. it seems like my phone can't write to the card without causing corruption. here's an example.
  1. i formatted the card on my pc using diskpart. i formatted it as exfat with a 128kB allocation unit size. after the format, chkdsk reported no errors.
  2. inserted the card into my phone and then copied a few files from internal storage to the card.
  3. unmounted and removed the card from the phone.
  4. inserted the card back into my pc and reran chkdsk. this time it found errors and corruption.

this happened on 128GB, 64GB, and 32GB sandisk sd cards. i'm running jasmine 4.0 with the skydragon 0.3.0.2 kernel and twrp 2.8.7.0. any ideas on how to get the phone to write to the sd card without corrupting it? it'll really suck if i can't write to the cards and can only read from them.
13th August 2015, 09:45 PM |#24  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 2,594

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by altwu

i've been encountering corruption problems with my sd cards. it seems like my phone can't write to the card without causing corruption. here's an example.

1. i formatted the card on my pc using diskpart. i formatted it as exfat with a 128kB allocation unit size. after the format, chkdsk reported no errors.
  2. inserted the card into my phone and then copied a few files from internal storage to the card.
  3. unmounted and removed the card from the phone.
  4. inserted the card back into my pc and reran chkdsk. this time it found errors and corruption.

this happened on 128GB, 64GB, and 32GB sandisk sd cards. i'm running jasmine 4.0 with the skydragon 0.3.0.2 kernel and twrp 2.8.7.0. any ideas on how to get the phone to write to the sd card without corrupting it? it'll really suck if i can't write to the cards and can only read from them.

1. Could be the sector size you're using. Try the default. The phone doesn't necessarily work with uncommon large sector sizes.

2. What fixed another guys problem was formatting FAT32 from TWRP. Formatting FAT32 or ExFAT from the PC resulted in the phone crashing with the 128 GB Micro SD card inserted.

3. My 128 GB card works fine for me in ExFAT, but not all the same phone always works the same.

4. The other guy was using the SkyDragon kernel too. Try using the stock kernel.

[VK810.4G] [altev] [ViKtory810ROM] official LG G Pad 8.3 Lollipop 35A_08 5.0.2
[VK810.4G] [altev] official LG G Pad 8.3 Lollipop 35A_08 5.0.2 DEBLOAT SCRIPTS and copies of all the files they remove
[VK810.4G] [altev] OTAs, .IMGs and KDZs, oh my
14th August 2015, 08:39 AM |#25  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT

1. Could be the sector size you're using. Try the default. The phone doesn't necessarily work with uncommon large sector sizes.

2. What fixed another guys problem was formatting FAT32 from TWRP. Formatting FAT32 or ExFAT from the PC resulted in the phone crashing with the 128 GB Micro SD card inserted.

3. My 128 GB card works fine for me in ExFAT, but not all the same phone always works the same.

4. The other guy was using the SkyDragon kernel too. Try using the stock kernel.

[VK810.4G] [altev] [ViKtory810ROM] official LG G Pad 8.3 Lollipop 35A_08 5.0.2
[VK810.4G] [altev] official LG G Pad 8.3 Lollipop 35A_08 5.0.2 DEBLOAT SCRIPTS and copies of all the files they remove
[VK810.4G] [altev] OTAs, .IMGs and KDZs, oh my

thanks for the suggestions. i'll try some of them out.

1. i was already using the 128kB default allocation unit size. i'll try out smaller sizes.

2. can fat32 handle such a large card? i thought fat32 could only handle storage sizes up to 4GB.

4. i'll see if i can find the stock jasmine kernel somewhere. if not, i'll try dirty flashing jasmine.

another problem i encountered was doing a nandroid to the sd card caused corruption, so the nandroid itself would get corrupted. this is in recovery, so my fear is that this some bad low level problem that's os independent, which really sucks.
14th August 2015, 12:58 PM |#26  
Flag Columbus, OH

More
Quote:

thanks for the suggestions. i'll try some of them out.

1. i was already using the 128kB default allocation unit size. i'll try out smaller sizes.

2. can fat32 handle such a large card? i thought fat32 could only handle storage sizes up to 4GB.

4. i'll see if i can find the stock jasmine kernel somewhere. if not, i'll try dirty flashing jasmine.

another problem i encountered was doing a nandroid to the sd card caused corruption, so the nandroid itself would get corrupted. this is in recovery, so my fear is that this some bad low level problem that's os independent, which really sucks.

Ah, didn't realize that 128KB was the default cluster size for 128 GB cards formatted in ExFAT. FAT32 handles FILES up to 4 GB in size. Maximum volume size 4 TB. Reference Look at the table below in the link, don't be confused by the Knowledge Base article title.

Ha! You skipped 3! Testing to see if I'm paying attention, yesss......? (hear it in your head in Yoda's voice).

Dirty flashing will probably be your best bet. It definitely won't harm anything to flash the same Jasmine version over top of itself. If you installed Xposed, you'd have to do that after again, too.
Yesterday, 09:41 PM |#27  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roirraW "edor" ehT

Ah, didn't realize that 128KB was the default cluster size for 128 GB cards formatted in ExFAT. FAT32 handles FILES up to 4 GB in size. Maximum volume size 4 TB. Reference Look at the table below in the link, don't be confused by the Knowledge Base article title.

Ha! You skipped 3! Testing to see if I'm paying attention, yesss......? (hear it in your head in Yoda's voice).

Dirty flashing will probably be your best bet. It definitely won't harm anything to flash the same Jasmine version over top of itself. If you installed Xposed, you'd have to do that after again, too.

formatting the card as FAT32 helped. windows hasn't reported any corruption after multiple writes to the card. i can do titanium and nandroid backups to the sd card and they don't get corrupted. it's nice to have 128GB of usable space again.

yessss, thank you for all the help i am. (continuing the yoda impersonation.
The Following User Says Thank You to altwu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 11:48 PM |#28  
Flag Columbus, OH

More
Quote:

formatting the card as FAT32 helped. windows hasn't reported any corruption after multiple writes to the card. i can do titanium and nandroid backups to the sd card and they don't get corrupted. it's nice to have 128GB of usable space again.

yessss, thank you for all the help i am. (continuing the yoda impersonation.

LOL! Glad you got a solution!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread