FORUMS

T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Battery Woes

I’ve been using a T-Mobile Galaxy S6 since the device launched with T-mobile’s … more

Earthquake Early Warning in Your Pocket

Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the … more

Sony: The OEM You Want To Save

In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the … more

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

[Q] Send pictures while in a call

52 posts
Thanks Meter: 8
 
By XXchocolatetouchXX, Member on 5th August 2014, 02:51 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So yesterday I'm on the phone and I go to send a picture to someone(MMS) and after a bit it came up with a box saying it failed and to retry now or later. I tried it a few more times and still nothing. I know my Galaxy S3 allowed me to send picture messages while in calls so is this a device limitation? Am I the only one experiencing this? Or is there a New law or something that doesn't allow picture sending while in calls for some reason?

Just wanted to get some feedback to see what other people are experiencing.
 
 
5th August 2014, 04:12 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 934
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXchocolatetouchXX

So yesterday I'm on the phone and I go to send a picture to someone(MMS) and after a bit it came up with a box saying it failed and to retry now or later. I tried it a few more times and still nothing. I know my Galaxy S3 allowed me to send picture messages while in calls so is this a device limitation? Am I the only one experiencing this? Or is there a New law or something that doesn't allow picture sending while in calls for some reason?

Just wanted to get some feedback to see what other people are experiencing.

Which app were you trying to send it through? And no, there is no new law that would stop this.
5th August 2014, 04:14 PM |#3  
postal302's Avatar
Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Is it possible you were on wifi when you were trying? From what I understand Verizon devices will not send picture messages over wifi, they have to use the network.
5th August 2014, 07:45 PM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Stock LG messaging app, stock dialer. Rooted device and that's about it. I noticed I actually do not need mobile data on to send and receive picture messages normally (not in a call) so I typically leave it off when I don't need it for data.

My setup when I tried was WiFi on and connected to my home network, mobile data off, and phone call present. Would not allow me to send the picture. I'll try it with data on later and see if it works.

Didn't think it was a law, Which is good. May be that the data was off. And yes Verizon phones do not send pictures through WiFi they do need mobile data for Verizon services (text,MMS).
5th August 2014, 07:58 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Well weird.. Called my voicemail and sent a picture message to myself and it went through both with data on and off.

Well I must have had another issue last night where it wasn't wanting to send. Weird thing is it sent after I hit try again and was off the phone.

Only thing I could think of is that the area I was at before typically gets less coverage (although still 4g).

So I'm confused but as long as it works I'll be happy!
5th August 2014, 08:57 PM |#6  
shamiflavour's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Any solutions please update us
5th August 2014, 11:30 PM |#7  
postal302's Avatar
Member
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXchocolatetouchXX

Stock LG messaging app, stock dialer. Rooted device and that's about it. I noticed I actually do not need mobile data on to send and receive picture messages normally (not in a call) so I typically leave it off when I don't need it for data.

My setup when I tried was WiFi on and connected to my home network, mobile data off, and phone call present. Would not allow me to send the picture. I'll try it with data on later and see if it works.

Didn't think it was a law, Which is good. May be that the data was off. And yes Verizon phones do not send pictures through WiFi they do need mobile data for Verizon services (text,MMS).

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXchocolatetouchXX

Well weird.. Called my voicemail and sent a picture message to myself and it went through both with data on and off.

Well I must have had another issue last night where it wasn't wanting to send. Weird thing is it sent after I hit try again and was off the phone.

Only thing I could think of is that the area I was at before typically gets less coverage (although still 4g).

So I'm confused but as long as it works I'll be happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamiflavour

Any solutions please update us

I the solution was found. Apparently a fluke issue.
6th August 2014, 05:00 AM |#8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Yes, seems something else was the issue there. I figured it was the call because that was the main thing I was using the phone for. If I get anymore info on this I will share.
6th August 2014, 02:39 PM |#9  
shamiflavour's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXchocolatetouchXX

Yes, seems something else was the issue there. I figured it was the call because that was the main thing I was using the phone for. If I get anymore info on this I will share.

Thanks a lot for your sincere efforts...☺
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes