Really struggling here gaining root plz help

Search This thread

r4zrm4xxx

Apr 15, 2012
I have a vzw lg g3 running Android 5.0.1 kernel 3.4.0 software ver vs98524b. I have tried all the one click root systems for the lg devices and nothing will work. Super user installer never runs in download mode and just stays at 0%. Phone also isn't letting me downgrade back to a earlier build using lg flashtool. This is seriously driving me crazy. Can somebody please help me out here.

Naruyasha

Aug 27, 2011
I have a vzw lg g3 running Android 5.0.1 kernel 3.4.0 software ver vs98524b. I have tried all the one click root systems for the lg devices and nothing will work. Super user installer never runs in download mode and just stays at 0%. Phone also isn't letting me downgrade back to a earlier build using lg flashtool. This is seriously driving me crazy. Can somebody please help me out here.

I remember being able to go back and forth between KK and LP no matter the fail attempts of loosing root, Do you have custom recovery? If you do you can easily boot to it by pressing the power button and the volume down key and enter the recovery from there and flash a rom with root, MAYBE I'M WRONG but that is what I remember doing whenever root was gone. I haven't done this in months so I'm not sure, maybe someone else can help you :confused:

sd_N

Oct 14, 2010
Hollister
Instead of using the one click GUI root...use the script root. It's a sourceforge download I believe..

r4zrm4xxx

Apr 15, 2012
I believe I have tried this....I'm going to look more. Can someone provide a link? In the meantime ing oibg to try to get back to kk not having any luck

r4zrm4xxx

Apr 15, 2012
So how I finally got flashed back to kk. Trying to root but seems like my phone isn't cooperating with the scripts. It says waiting for device.....that's all it does. I have ish debugging turned on and drivers installed

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

TheGOAT232412

Account currently disabled
So how I finally got flashed back to kk. Trying to root but seems like my phone isn't cooperating with the scripts. It says waiting for device.....that's all it does. I have ish debugging turned on and drivers installed

It took my device for to finish up the script when it says "waiting for device", not sure if you waited for a while or expected it to be a quick process or not but I am positive that with my device it seemed like it took FOREVER. Just a heads up, not sure if this is much help but just an idea.

r4zrm4xxx

Apr 15, 2012
my phone just is not communicatin propely with scipt i have usb debugging enabled but just says waitin 4 device thats all

r4zrm4xxx

Apr 15, 2012
i think the problem is my phone isnt correctly communicating with my phone because under device manager according to the tutorial it says i should have mobile Sooner Single ADB Interface but i dont have that anywhere. I have tried multiple drivers and not having any luck!!

swcunn

Apr 1, 2011
Atkinson, New Hampshire
Rooting VZW LG G3

Did you have your phone in PTP mode instead of MTP mode? I seem to remember that when I went to root mine I was in MTP mode and it didn't work.

snackbarber

Jun 14, 2008
I also had somewhat of a struggle rooting on 24b. The MTP mode didn't seem to allow Adb access. I think toggling back and forth from mtp to ptp finally allowed adb devices to show the device. Wish I remembered which how to I followed to link you to. Do you have Lg drivers installed?

Here is guide I followed. Thanks to digital-bug for guide that helped me.
http://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/general/guide-root-method-lg-devices-t3129197

Last edited:

GingerGod

Mar 15, 2015
Reno
I also had somewhat of a struggle rooting on 24b. The MTP mode didn't seem to allow Adb access. I think toggling back and forth from mtp to ptp finally allowed adb devices to show the device. Wish I remembered which how to I followed to link you to. Do you have Lg drivers installed?

Here is guide I followed. Thanks to digital-bug for guide that helped me.
http://xdaforums.com/lg-g3/general/guide-root-method-lg-devices-t3129197
I have had similar issues with MTP and ADB access on my V985. What I have discovered fixes mine every time is to plug the mini USB into a USB port on the front of my case or into the add-on card. Essentially not through any hubs and NOT directly hard connected to the motherboard. But a port attached to one of the headers IE front of the case ports. I don't have any good explanations for why this works, but it works. Normally i plug my phone in to a USB 3.0 hub and it, normally, does work, but when it does not I go to the front of the case which is a 2.0 port connected to one of the headers on the board.

quietst0rm

Mar 29, 2014
Da beach
I had similar issues ( as well as many others) when trying to root. After many unsuccessful attempts I tried a different computer and it worked like a charm. Both were xp machines. Getting a recovery installed was a different story neither machine worked and after a couple days of frustration I tried the autorec app which did the trick.

NBreunig3

May 26, 2014
Use my one click script for 24B

Top Liked Posts